My fans don't slow down - Helios 300

Options
Paxi
Paxi Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi there.

I recently bought a Helios 300 laptop. It worked without problems for 2 days, then the fans always run at 2760/3540 rpm. This idle sound is very annoying. It doesn't matter if it's plugged in or not. After a short time after switching on, the fans reach this speed and never go lower. I've tried everything I've found on the forum, but nothing helped. I haven’t had a laptop in a week, but I feel like it was the worst decision of my life to buy it.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​//Edited the content to add model name on title.​

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    Paxi said:
    Hi there.

I recently bought a Helios 300 laptop. It worked without problems for 2 days, then the fans always run at 2760/3540 rpm. This idle sound is very annoying. It doesn't matter if it's plugged in or not. After a short time after switching on, the fans reach this speed and never go lower. I've tried everything I've found on the forum, but nothing helped. I haven’t had a laptop in a week, but I feel like it was the worst decision of my life to buy it.
    Please disable the startup programs and check if the FAN speeds are low. Also, uninstall unwanted applications. Try these and share the result
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer