Aspire A114-31 No Bluetooth, No HDMI output.. Planned Obsolescence?

Silversurfer68
Silversurfer68 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have an ACER Aspire which was purchased in 2019 and the unit is starting to fail, first the Wifi became intermittent (could not find available networks) which is ongoing, the bluetooth capability has disappeared (even from the device manager) and now the HDMI output is not functioning. Do these units have a planned obsolescence as I can no longer work like this and need a more reliable machine that will last longer than 2years.

Answers

• Can you inform the model of the wireless network card? About bluetooth, have you tried to reset the battery? On the hdmi port, have you tried to update the video card driver?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,366 Trailblazer
    Yeah, the Aspire A114-31 models came with more than one manufacturer of wireless, though all were 802.11ac designs. I wonder if the issues we've seen from MS updates that have issues with the lowest level ports are to blame... The WiFi, Bluetooth, Card Reader and Ethernet are all on the same PCIe bus off the Apollo Lake chipset.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.