Fan Connectors - Veriton M480 MOBO G43T-AM4

GeoffW
GeoffW Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I'm looking for a connection on my Veriton M480 MOBO (model  G43T-AM4) to add a System Fan. I've located the CPU fan connector (works fine) but I can't find a way to connect an additional fan (which I'd attach to the rear of the case).
If no connector is available on the MOBO, would it be possible to add a fan and if yes, how to power it?

​//Edited the content to add model name.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The System_Fan connector looks like it's a three pin right next to the four pin +12V connector.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The System_Fan connector looks like it's a three pin right next to the four pin +12V connector.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GeoffW
    GeoffW Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Thanks for that info, found the connector. Is it OK to connect a fan with only 2 wires and a 2 pin plug? If so, which 2 of the mobo 3 pins should be used?
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,430 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    The yellow wire is usually a speed sense wire which means the fan will run at full speed if not connected , thus not be sensed by the bios controls. Which in my opinion is not a big deal as you'll have full fan speed. Good Luck.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,430 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    It can also sense that the fan isn't running but not using the yellow wire, will let it free run with no detection that it has stopped.