What RAM is compatible with my Aspire A315-41-R287?

demetriadevonne
demetriadevonne Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my RAM. According to crucial.com, my device can be upgradable to 8GB DDR4- 3200 SODIMM. But I am not sure if this is accurate. Is it okay if I will get 2400mhz or 2666mhz instead? And how will it affect my device? Also, I am not sure if my motherboard supports RAM upgrade.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2200U
Motherboard: Metapod_RR v. 1.18
Speed: 2400mhz SODIMM
Base Speed: 2.50 GHz

Thank you!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,062 Pathfinder
    You can try to open task manager, click on performance, memory. It shows whether there's a empty ram slot to upgrade. The CPU support 2400mhz max so higher frequency ram will be limited to 2400mhz
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • demetriadevonne
    AnhEZ28 said:
    You can try to open task manager, click on performance, memory. It shows whether there's a empty ram slot to upgrade. The CPU support 2400mhz max so higher frequency ram will be limited to 2400mhz
    There's an empty slot. If I add 8GB to the empty slot, will my device have a total of 12GB? or should I remove the original RAM?
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,062 Pathfinder
    @demetriadevonne yes but it will just run in single channel and won't be as good as using two stick.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • demetriadevonne
    AnhEZ28 said:
    @demetriadevonne yes but it will just run in single channel and won't be as good as using two stick.
    Thank you! So 4GB+4GB is better for dual channel than 4GB+8GB right?