A315-34-C7LR does not boot with new RAM

System
System Member Posts: 4,540 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Answers

• Keith58
    Keith58 Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    Hi, I've just bought the recommended memory but when i install it the laptop will not boot up ,any ideas ?
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder
    Keith58 said:
    Hi, I've just bought the recommended memory but when i install it the laptop will not boot up ,any ideas ?
    @Keith58 Did you try to make sure that the ram is in all the way? Also what is the specs of that ram you bought?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Keith58
    Yes i pushed the ram as far as i could, and made sure the clips where fully closed, the ram was bought from Amazon via the crucial web site and their scanner, but to be honest i don't think it is correct because Acer data sheet says max memory is 8GB and Crucial say it is 12 GB also the SSD they suggested doesn't fit either, mine is a PCIe,
    Acer  

A315-34-C7LR

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Yes, max 8GB in the replaceable RAM socket plus 4GB in the non-replaceable socket = 12 GB total RAM. So yes Crucial is correct 12GB max. Try this. Turn the laptop completely off. Then press and hold the F2 key. While still holding the F2 key, turn the machine on. The BIOS menu should appear. If it does, press F10 to save BIOS settings and exit. The machine should now boot. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Keith58
    Still not working, i get the blue power light but won't boot up with the Acer screen, this is what i am trying to install                                                     :- 8GB Notebook DDR4-2666 Sodimm 1.2V CL19 - CT8G4SFRA266 
  • JackE
    But do you get a BIOS menu screen? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Keith58
    No i get nothing even if i hold the F2 key for 30 seconds

• JackE
    Should work. But DDR4 can sometimes be fussy about matching speed. I suggest that you remove the module. Then go to https://www.crucial.com/  and actually run their scanner on your machine. If scanner still recommends the same module as one of the choices, I would contact crucial directly to ask if the 2400MHz option might be a better choice for your machine. It's also possible that you got a lemon module. Crucial's very good at returns and should make it right for your machine. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Keith58
    All up and running, instead of DDR 2666 i went for DDR 2400 and installed first time, thanks for you for you help and expertise 
  • JackE
    Thanks fof reporting back on your success. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ