Keyboard of Acer Switch 3 does not work at all

Kasi_07
Kasi_07 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2021 in Switch Series
The keyboard of my Acer Switch 3 does not work at all anymore. I have tried restarting the device several times and cleaning all contacts with alcohol. I even tried uninstalling all drivers, but it still doesn't work. What makes me wonder is that the keyboard is recognized by Windows in the regard that Windows switches from tablet mode to computer mode and back. What could be the problem? Is it possible that the contacts of the keyboard are broken?

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    Does the keyboard work in BIOS?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Kasi_07
    Kasi_07 Member Posts: 2 New User
    No it doesn't.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Does an external keyboard work when plugged into a USB port? If it does then the problem is either the builtin keyboard has failed, or more likely the ribbon cable between it and the motherboard has either come loose or broken.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Kasi_07,

# Reset the unit, (It will remove all the data--->Unit goes to Day 1 of default version)

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Press and hold Alt+F10 keys(without releasing the keys) ---> Trun ON the unit. 
    3. You will get a blue screen(Title Choose an option). (Release the keys)
    4. Click troubleshoot option.
    5. Click on Reset this PC.
    6. Go with the option (Keep my files/Remove every thing)
    7. Then follow the on screen instruction. 

Check this T/S and post the result.