Acer TC-780 Display Problems

Options
Alphacole27
Alphacole27 Member Posts: 1 New User
My 3 year old Acer TC-780 has started showing a display problem. The displays flashes to black and then quits completely, which then needs a restart to get it back. It's not the monitor or the hdmi cable, I suspect the onboard display card is going? Any information? TIA.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Alphacole27
    Go to device manager>display>uninstall the display driver >restart the unit and check

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • snappy
    snappy Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Jack22 said:
    @Alphacole27
    Go to device manager>display>uninstall the display driver >restart the unit and check

I am having much the same problem and tried to install current INTEL HD driver for my INTEL HD 530. INTEL would not install saying that the ACER OEM version is necessary. ACER diagnostic says all is OK. Adobe Illustrator is giving warnings of corruption et al. There isn't a newer driver available at ACER. I have scoured. This is what I get:

Video    Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 v.20.19.15.4390
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. The current version of your Intel display driver may cause performance and stability issues.  It is strongly recommended that you update to driver version 100.8476 or later.  Drivers are provided by Intel or your computer's manufacturer.
    URL: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-gpu-performance-driver-update.html
    No other warnings.

Q: With your method, who provides the new driver on reStart?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    You should be able to tell the Intel driver to go ahead and install, that message is just a warning.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.