Predator Sense Missing "Change Boot Logo option" PH315-53

Options
ダージリン様
ダージリン様 Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited March 2021 in Predator Laptops
I have the Predator Helios 2020 version, but this option is missing.
any fix?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    what is the exact model? example PH717-72-58VH. Verify that version 3152 of the predator sense, corrects the problem: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L3Ln-WkCvogX1OUmr74i3h8jk4ICVF94
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ダージリン様
    Options
    its PH315-53 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Verify that version 3152 of the predator sense, corrects the problem: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L3Ln-WkCvogX1OUmr74i3h8jk4ICVF94
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ダージリン様
    Options
    I already using 3152 version
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Check this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\PredatorSense

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ダージリン様
    Options

the option now show up, but doesnt change anything,
    also the value keep reset by itself to "0" every restart
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Error838
    Error838 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

the option now show up, but doesnt change anything,
    also the value keep reset by itself to "0" every restart
    I was able to keep the registry from resetting on every restart, but still it doesn't change the logo upon restart.
    Were you able to find a fix for this? In dire need.
  • Impervious
    Impervious Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Did you solved this?
    And how did you registry from resetting on every restart?
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Options
    I suspect acer removed this feature from ps thats why its not working anymore as theres loads of ppl opening threads about the same issue

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Heliosi5RTX2060
    Heliosi5RTX2060 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    xapim said:
    I suspect acer removed this feature from ps thats why its not working anymore as theres loads of ppl opening threads about the same issue
    that really sucks! i want the 'change boot logo' option back by hook or by crook :(
  • Prekky
    Prekky Member Posts: 23 Networker
    edited March 2022
    Options

it sucks that acer killed that feature
  • Vernnon
    Vernnon Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    For all those peoples that having this issue, i managed to resolve it. After testing and formating my laptop abou 15 times follow the steps:

1 - Format the machine by deleting all partitions (EFI, system, recovery etc) and let windows create the partitions again for a clean installation. If you don't want to format, skip to step 2.

2 - Open CMD (command) as Admin and run the following commands (Right-click on it and "Run as Administrator"):

C:\Windows\system32>diskpart

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.22000.1

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.On computer: WTFPREDATOR

DISKPART> select disk 0 Disk 0 is now the selected disk.
    DISKPART> select partition 1 Partition 1 is now the selected partition.
    DISKPART> assign letter=b DiskPart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point.
    DISKPART> exit

Leaving DiskPart...

C:\Windows\system32>

3 - Download the explorer++ program from https://explorerplusplus.com/software/explorer++_1.3.5_x64.zip, here I used version 1.3.5_x64. Run it as ADMIN (Right click on it and click on "Run as Administrator");

4 - Locate drive B on the left inside the application and click on properties, and on the "General" tab put the drive name as ESP and click OK;

5 - Expand drive B >> EFI and inside the EFI folder and create a folder called OEM;

6 - Close everything and restart, here I didn't need to reinstall Predator Sense but it may be necessary.

NOTE: Predator sense that supports boot logo change is from version 3.00.3146.
  • Impervious
    Impervious Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Vernnon said:
    For all those peoples that having this issue, i managed to resolve it. After testing and formating my laptop abou 15 times follow the steps:

1 - Format the machine by deleting all partitions (EFI, system, recovery etc) and let windows create the partitions again for a clean installation. If you don't want to format, skip to step 2.

2 - Open CMD (command) as Admin and run the following commands (Right-click on it and "Run as Administrator"):

C:\Windows\system32>diskpart

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.22000.1

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.On computer: WTFPREDATOR

DISKPART> select disk 0 Disk 0 is now the selected disk.
    DISKPART> select partition 1 Partition 1 is now the selected partition.
    DISKPART> assign letter=b DiskPart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point.
    DISKPART> exit

Leaving DiskPart...

C:\Windows\system32>

3 - Download the explorer++ program from https://explorerplusplus.com/software/explorer++_1.3.5_x64.zip, here I used version 1.3.5_x64. Run it as ADMIN (Right click on it and click on "Run as Administrator");

4 - Locate drive B on the left inside the application and click on properties, and on the "General" tab put the drive name as ESP and click OK;

5 - Expand drive B >> EFI and inside the EFI folder and create a folder called OEM;

6 - Close everything and restart, here I didn't need to reinstall Predator Sense but it may be necessary.

NOTE: Predator sense that supports boot logo change is from version 3.00.3146.

FINALLY!
    Vernnon thank you soo much. Your instructions are also quite easy to follow.

1) I just had to check what is my C: drive number with the "Create and Format Hard Disk" option in windows. It was disk 0 as I have the SSD + HDD variant of PH315-53.

2) I did not want to reinstall my modified PSense again, so I forced stopped the PS service from the registry,
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\PredatorSense
    and changed the Customize_POST_Support value to 1. And then started the PSense from the start menu. The option came back.

I have been trying to work on this issue for a year now. How did you find the solution? Also for some reason, I did not have Insyde and UpdateCapsule folder in my partition 1, EFI\OEM. What do they do?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Windows update can release a new firmware version through capsule update.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TCBobby
    TCBobby Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

For the diskpart part, when i assign the disk to letter b it says "there is no volume specified. please select a volume and try again". Is there any s