acer aspire c24-760 feedback

System
System Member Posts: 4,518 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: acer aspire c24-760 lusci37100u upgrading: cpu, ram, m.2 and what else?.

Answers

• Maveryck_84
    Maveryck_84 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I leave a feedback here for guys who are searching info about this model: 
    I've disassembled the PC yesterday (i3-7100U CPU, 4GB ram DDR4) and, opposed to what MaClane said, it indeed have a Sata M.2 slot, is exactly under the HDD; to be more precise those are the expansion slot available:
    1 standard sata 3 slot (the one where the original HDD is plugged), 1 sata M.2 slot (2280 form factor), 1 ram slot; CPU-Z shows two slots because is what the CPU can support, but phisically there is only one.
    So to upgrade the ram from the standard 4gigs, you need a single 8GB stick of sodimm. Storage side is not so bad news, you can leave the original HDD for simple storage (audio, movies, documents...) and buy an M.2 ssd for OS and programs \ applications. I'm not sure if the M.2 is Sata3 or NVME, but you can check personally in the bios if in the devices - storage list if there are only sata ones or Pci-ex too.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Although there physically is an M.2 slot, Acer doesn't support putting anything in it. My guess is they were planning on implementing it but had to ship before they got it completely debugged. If you got it working with an M.2 SATA drive then more power to you, but you can't rely on it working for everyone. I would be very, very surprised if it worked with any NVMe drive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.