TC-605 Power cuts out

GandG12
GandG12 Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi all

Recently my TC-605 has decided that every so often when I have the computer on it will just lose power and shut off, for a while it was due to me knocking the base and seemed the power cable was loose.

Every time I checked the cable always being greeted by the crackling sound.

In the last couple of days tough it has started to just shut off without me even touching the base. Nothing else looses power so I was wondering if it means that I would need to buy a new power cable or power supply to install?

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @GandG12

It is easy to test out. Borrow a power cable from a friend or if you have other PC just use the other power cable. But I think it is more likely the power supply problem.

Sometimes, when the motherboard is going this kind of thing will happen too.

BTW, reseat your memory sticks too (if multiple sticks, test it one by one) to see if the problem persist.
  • GandG12
    GandG12 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thanks for that, I haven't got a spare cable unless I have an ancient one in the loft lol.

I will try changing the memory over I might even go ahead and buy a new cable as it's got to be the cheaper option at the moment :o
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @GandG12
    That ancient one should serve the purpose for testing.