Reinstalling Windows Using RST - Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 50AF

FlixPixBrad
FlixPixBrad Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hey there,

Was hoping someone could point me in the right direction as to where I can find the correct installation method of reinstalling Windows Using RST. When I purchased the laptop, I had gone and changed my BIOS to AHCI. However Im no longer dual booting and am simply trying to get the most out of my NVMe SSD. I remember seeing that I originally had Intel's Rapid Storage Tech installed along with a few other things that I can't recall atm. My main goal is to simply install Windows 10 as a stand-alone OS, just with all the bells and whistles for optimization, as of the current moment, Im quite positive im doing the oposite aha. Forgive my "shakes head slowly" kind of question, as I'm sure questions quite similar to this one probably get asked plenty. I just spent the better part of two years diving head deep into Linux that I neglected keeping up with Windows. Now I have done my fair bit of research on the subject and I'm pretty sure I have an idea, as to how I am to proceed. I just have found a few different sources saying two different things. So if someone could just give me a quick run thru or possibly point me in the right direction, it would be GREATLY appreciated. I've attached some pics of my PC for your further inspection.

Thanks Folks,

"stay safe"

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 50AF

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​//Edited the content to add model name on title.​

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @FlixPixBrad
    When you boot up and hitting "Del" key, are you able get into the Peripherals section under the "Advanced" tab ? On board SATA mode for RST and AHCI should be there.
    Don't know if you have a similar BIOS working this way, at least my PC has something like that .

Some Linux versions (such as Ubuntu) can use RST mode. However, Linuxmint (even though Ubuntu based) must use AHCI mode. Currently, I have Windows 10 and Linuxmint on two separate M.2 NVMe SSD and use the AHCI mode in BIOS settings. I was not able to use Linuxmint with AHCI mode half year ago but somehow either the Windows 10 update (probably the 20H2) or some Intel updates resolved that problem.

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    First of all you will not  notice any improvement over AHCI as you have an NVMe SSD and second IRST software is known with many issues, so it is up to you. You can change it without reinstall just set the next boot to be in safe  mode and go to BIOS, switch to RST, save and exit and let windows to boot in safe  mode it will automatically install the driver. After that reboot and you are done. If you want a clean install then just switch to RST and install fresh copy of windows
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Correction:

Half year ago I wasn't able to use Linuxmint and Windows 10 at the same time under AHCI mode setting. Some problem with the Windows side, could not login there.
  • batmalin said:
    First of all you will not  notice any improvement over AHCI as you have an NVMe SSD and second IRST software is known with many issues, so it is up to you. You can change it without reinstall just set the next boot to be in safe  mode and go to BIOS, switch to RST, save and exit and let windows to boot in safe  mode it will automatically install the driver. After that reboot and you are done. If you want a clean install then just switch to RST and install fresh copy of windows
    He must go to the MAIN tab and press CTRL + S!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Thanks @egydiocoelho , I forgot to add this step thinking that the OP  knows how to switch it.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158