Win 10 x64, RTX 3090 Freezes & restarts when display switching to CG437K Monitor

Options
wesruv
wesruv Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

It's hard to say what happens because the CG437 screen never shows an image, but at least one time I got a blue screen of death on my secondary monitor, and the error code (which I've lost I think it was something like watchdog.. watch something ... violation?) but the google search of the error code led me to think it was a driver issue.

I uninstalled all of my GeForce drivers and software, reinstalled, uninstalled the CG437K monitor driver, and reinstalled.

The process that causes this is:
  • Working just from my secondary monitor during the work day, CG437K is set to my laptop
  • After I turn off my laptop, switching my desktop to use both monitors, using extend
  • Secondary monitor goes dark, CG437K goes dark, computer doesn't accept input or emit any noises (I suspect there's a BSOD trying to display on the CG437K monitor but it's not visible)
  • Bring up display switching controls, monitor says no input signal
My desktop computer is using 2 Display port cables plugged into the CG437K, and it's set to 4K-144Hz mode. My work laptop uses the an HDMI port.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• wesruv

Tinkerer

Options
    Forgot to mention this is happening ~75% of the time. On fresh boot (usually after a crash) or at the end of my work day when I switch to my desktop PC.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options
    wesruv said:
    Forgot to mention this is happening ~75% of the time. On fresh boot (usually after a crash) or at the end of my work day when I switch to my desktop PC.
    What is your desktop computers model and your laptop model? And what is your exact setup, as its a bit confusing not knowing exactly what your setup is? Give us more details.
  • wesruv

Tinkerer

Options
    It's a custom desktop
    Windows 10 x64, 10.0.19041
    X570 AORUS Ultra Motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
    NVIDIA GTX 3090 Founder's Edition
    G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen) Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 28

Primary monitor is the Predator 
    CG437K, secondary is a Dell U2715H

Caught the blue screen of death this time, the Stop Code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
  • Olti
    Olti Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same exact problem. Mostly same setup with AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Nvidia 3090. 2x16GB sticks of ram.

Issue seems to be when changing back to DP (dual DP connected to Desktop PC), after using the HDMI input for my work laptop during the day.

Today I managed to see a bluescreen on my second monitor, so I can confirm this is crashing windows. 

I did install the drivers for the monitor, downloaded from Acers website, but not sure if this did anything good or bad.

If you found a fix, please share!
  • MagicWolf
    MagicWolf Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Got the same issue. Display switching just restarts the machine.