Acer Quick Access Not Responding Predator Helios 300

Options
ElSidz
ElSidz Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited March 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hey! I just bought myself an Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop. By mistake i tried to update Acer Quick Access which corrupted my installation and i had to reinstall the software again. Now, i have the latest Acer Quick Access installed but the .exe file wont show. I'm not being able to run it. Can someone please help me locate the .exe file?
I have attached a pic too for you to point out which is the right file. None of the files are running though... including QALauncher.
Please help!
My specs:
- Core i7 (10th gen)
- RTX 2060 6GB
- 15" screen

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,740 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Try installing the appxbundle:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,116 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Open Task Manager, move to Services tab, right click QASvc and click Stop, then right click again and click Start.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ElSidz

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi,
    Open Task Manager, move to Services tab, right click QASvc and click Stop, then right click again and click Start.

Hey!!! Thank you for the fast response first! :)
    BTW.. I tried stopping the service and restarting. Also a reboot after that but the problem still persists. 
    I tried running QALauncher via admin permission and the mouse 'working' sign shows but no response after that...
    I also updated the driver, thanks to @egydiocoelho
    Now what? :/
    It really hurts when a less than two day old system has a problem! That too created by me!  :'(
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try installing the visual c ++ program.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ElSidz

Tinkerer

Options
    I did update C++ with the help of GTA V installation. It's the latest version.
    Please suggest other ideas. I really want the system the way it was. 
    Which is the main .exe to Acer Quick Access?? 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,116 Trailblazer
    Options
    ElSidz said:
    Hi,
    Download and install Revo Uninstaller, use this program to uninstall current Quick Access Application, scan for left over folders and files related to Quick Access, delete them, then head to Acer Supportsite, download the Quick Access application and install and see whether it helps.
    RevoUninstaller | Remove programs easily with Revo Uninstaller
    Download Acer Support Drivers and Manuals
  • ElSidz

Tinkerer

Options
    ElSidz said:
    Hi,
    Download and install Revo Uninstaller, use this program to uninstall current Quick Access Application, scan for left over folders and files related to Quick Access, delete them, then head to Acer Supportsite, download the Quick Access application and install and see whether it helps.
    RevoUninstaller | Remove programs easily with Revo Uninstaller
    Download Acer Support Drivers and Manuals
    Hey! Just completed Revo Uninstall with deleting left over files and folders.
    Then reinstalled Acer Quick Access v3017. Still no use.
    It's just not showing up on start programs. Also, tried running QALauncher, though not sure if this is the right .exe to run.
    Can you tell me which .exe file is the main application for Quick Access? 
    Thank you so much!   :#
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,740 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ElSidz

Tinkerer

Options

Dude! You rock!!!  :p
    It's finally showing! 
    Just one last thing... How do i pin Quick Access to my start?

Also, the previous version i had installed had something called Dust Defender. Cant see it in this one. But i recognize the logo, 3017 is the app my laptop came with.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Doesn't quick access appear?

About dust defender, change this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\Quick Access

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ElSidz

Tinkerer

Options
    Doesn't quick access appear?

About dust defender, change this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\Quick Access

No, Quick Access not appearing on start...
    There is no Q tab (Although that because Quick Access was the only entry).
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Try installing quick access by clicking on setup.exe, even though you have installed appxbundle.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ElSidz

Tinkerer

Options
    OK! Try installing quick access by clicking on setup.exe, even though you have installed appxbundle.
    Done that!
    The only way it shows is through appxbundle. Setup uninstalls and then reinstalls but doesn't show on start. 
    I tried launching QALauncher but it doesn't respond.
    Funny thing is: Quick Access is not showing on recent installs too. (Top of the start list).
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try uninstalling these two programs:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ElSidz

Tinkerer

Options

Done that!
    Before updating to the latest Quick Access.  :/
  • ElSidz

Tinkerer

Options
    ElSidz said:

Done that!
    Before updating to the latest Quick Access.  :/
    Hey! Things are sorted now. 
    Just the last leg remaining.
    Is Quick Access started via QALanucher?
    It's not responding even though it's a .exe.
    Tried through admin.
    I would then pin it to Start.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yea! Have you tried to restart the service?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ElSidz

Tinkerer

Options
    Yea! Have you tried to restart the service?

Did the restart... Now what?
    Mind you... I just need Acer Quick Access to show on my start list so i can pin it.
    All else is done!  :)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    click here my friend:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ElSidz

Tinkerer

Options
    click here my friend:

Don't have it on start to pin it!  <3 Don't we just love bugs!