Options
lucausa75
lucausa75 Member Posts: 23 Networker
Dear all,
I bought an Acer Aspire Z24-880 (2.4GHz i5-7400T 23.8" 1920 x 1080Pixel Nero):

and I'm running Windows 10 on it.

Today, the windows update shows me an 
optional update related to my bios

The installed version I have is the R01-A3.
Do you suggest to update my bios version as proposed by windows update?
I have tried to click on "Scarica e installa" (Download and install) but nothing happened...

Thanks
Best Regards

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Device Manager, expand Firmware and post the snip like mine.

• lucausa75
    Options
    here we are =)

• brummyfan2
    Options
    It doesn't show the version, right click Firmware del sistema and select Properties, move to Driver tab and post the picture, thanks.

• lucausa75
    Options
    Sorry,
    here the screenshot:

I think to have update the bios as suggested by windows update????

Thanks
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    lucausa75 said:
    Sorry,
    here the screenshot:

Thanks
    I would suggest you ignore the notification and you don't attempt the update through Windows Update.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Use System Information to check your actual BIOS version. Then check the Acer support site to see which BIOS versions have been released and what they fixed. If one has fixed something you are seeing then do the update, otherwise it's not a big issue to skip them...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options
    lucausa75 said:
    Sorry,
    here the screenshot:

Thanks

As billsey and brummyfan2 have suggested don't update from Microsoft. Your Aspire Z24-880 AIO’s last Acer approved BIOS is the Version: R01-B2 dated: 2019/09/25 titled: Update MCU to M2A906E9_0000008E (which is two versions up from your R01-A3 dated: 2018/10/24), do not attempt to flash your BIOS if you don’t have any experience in doing this sorts of BIOS updates, if your system is working properly then ‘leave it alone’ as and if you flash and corrupt a BIOS your system will be affected and will cost you allot of money to repair.

The Microsoft update has nothing to do with the BIOS so don’t install it. Always install the Acer approved BIOS’s from their support pages and the specific page for your AIO Aspire Z24-880 as and if you install the wrong BIOS update it will brick your system and will cause very expensive repair bills even if your system is under warranty, that is why Acer has this warning: "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution".