How do i fix my aspire Z3-605

BEARYSTYILISH89
BEARYSTYILISH89 Member Posts: 2 New User
Ok so every time I try to boot up the all-in-one it will turn off immediately or make a beep sound and turn off immediately on rare occasion it will boot up but sn hour or so later it will turn off again i need help please.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK, if the balls start then we've gone all the way through POST and the motherboard has decided the hardware is all working. So the issue happens while Windows is loading, but before it presents you with the login screen. That usually ends up getting traced back to bad drivers or external hardware with issues causing good drivers to fail. First, try disconnecting everything except the keyboard, mouse and monitor. Does it boot? If so then we need to look at what else was plugged in. If it still fails then the next step is to get it into safe mode. Try this: as soon as the balls appear, turn the system off with the power button. If you do that three times in a row then Windows will start in diagnostic mode the fourth time. Use troubleshoot; advanced; startup settings and you should get to the option to boot in safe mode. Boot to Safe Mode with Networking and see if it's working. If so then the issue is with third party drivers, so it's time to start looking at the hardware associated with the system to see which drivers might be the culprit.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    So we are going to need more info... By 'beep sound' do you mean one long beep that goes on and on? By a sequence of long and short beeps? Those often are heard during the POST (Power On Self Test) that happens before Windows starts to load and typically point to a hardware problem. If instead you get to the Windows load, where the juggling balls first show up, before you hear a beep and then a shutdown the issue is more likely software. In the latter case try booting to safe mode to see if it's a Windows problem or third party.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BEARYSTYILISH89
    BEARYSTYILISH89 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Ok yea. The juggling balls show up then as soon as the acer logo shows up it does 1 short beep them shutdown.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    OK, if the balls start then we've gone all the way through POST and the motherboard has decided the hardware is all working. So the issue happens while Windows is loading, but before it presents you with the login screen. That usually ends up getting traced back to bad drivers or external hardware with issues causing good drivers to fail. First, try disconnecting everything except the keyboard, mouse and monitor. Does it boot? If so then we need to look at what else was plugged in. If it still fails then the next step is to get it into safe mode. Try this: as soon as the balls appear, turn the system off with the power button. If you do that three times in a row then Windows will start in diagnostic mode the fourth time. Use troubleshoot; advanced; startup settings and you should get to the option to boot in safe mode. Boot to Safe Mode with Networking and see if it's working. If so then the issue is with third party drivers, so it's time to start looking at the hardware associated with the system to see which drivers might be the culprit.