I just started having problems with my charging cable is not charging and I need help

Options
JasonCrow
JasonCrow Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2022 in Predator Laptops
it's not charging my Acer laptop the light to tell me that it's charging is not lighting up so it leaves me to believe that the cable is the problem because it was working moments before.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options
    We are going to need more information... Which laptop do you have? It should have a number like AN515-xxx-xxxx, though likely with different letters and numbers. With Windows running, does the charging icon change from the battery symbol to the battery + AC plug symbol when you plug that charger into the charging port? With the adapter unplugged, can you see the center electrode in the port?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi JasonCrow,

As billsey asked please share the model of your laptop. And also check with different charging sockets, Is there any damage on the adaptor.
  • jack_65
    jack_65 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Check whether the cable is connected properly or not.
  • Jameswalter
    Jameswalter Member Posts: 71 Troubleshooter
    Options

You Could Have Dirt or Debris in the Charging Port

If your phone is always in your pocket, it's likely to get into contact with dust and lint, which can get into the charging ports. An accumulation of foreign materials over time will make power transfer slow. If the dirt is thick, it might cause the charging port to stop working.