ACER ASPIRE 5336 laptop is not turning on

Antje
Antje Member Posts: 4 New User
My Aspire 5336 laptop is not turning on.   I have already removed the battery, held down the power button for 20 secs etc., but it still does not  come to life.   Have also tried without the battery in, just the power cable, still nothing.   Could the fault be in the power cable?   What else can I do.   I really would like to keep using this laptop, has been brilliant for many years.  Windows 10 installed etc.  Help please.  Many thanks, Antje

Best Answer

• Antje
    Answer ✓
    Many thanks for this suggestion.  However, I am pleased to say that I did not need to do anything, as I found a power cable from  a previous laptop and tried it - hey presto, it fits and the old ACER is back up and running!   Lucky me.  Thanks again

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Check the output voltage of the charger's plug between the outer ring and its center hole with a multimeter. Should be about 19vdc. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Antje
    Answer ✓
    Many thanks for this suggestion.  However, I am pleased to say that I did not need to do anything, as I found a power cable from  a previous laptop and tried it - hey presto, it fits and the old ACER is back up and running!   Lucky me.  Thanks again

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Congrats. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ