Webcam not connected, Acer aspire 3 a315-41

Options
Esste
Esste Member Posts: 3 New User
So, after having sent my aspire to the technical support, I found my webcam not working anymore.
Device manager says that the device is not connected... however, when I tried to install the drivers on the acer website, for a few minutes I had the webcam back.

Then it went down again. I am pretty lost and I would not like to send my pc to the technical support again... any help?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,133 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try checking the webcam cable connection, remove the bezel and check whether the cable is loose where it connects to camera, for the bezel removal procedure watch the video.
    Laptop screen replacement / How to replace laptop screen Acer Aspire 3 A315-41 - YouTube

• Esste
    Esste Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    honestly I was more interested to understand if it was a software problem. If it is an hardware thing, I'll send the pc to the technical support.
    The webcam is visible among the hidden devices, and the events log gives me this message "Device USB\VID_0408&PID_A031&MI_00\7&338e3579&0&0000 requires further installation.".

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,133 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK, try using the methods in this link and see whether it helps, if not send it for a service repair.
    How to Fix 'Device requires further installation' on Windows 10 - Appuals.com
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Esste,

Did you sent it to the acer technical support. If it is so you will have the repair warranty. So contact acer to resend it for the repair service. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Check here: Camera Firmware (USB\VID_0408&PID_A031&REV_006) Fix Tech-Front camera dim issue after a period of usage. Data: 2021/01/06 Version: 007 Vendor: Tech-Front Tamanho: 4.5 MB Download
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • olise33
    olise33 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Did you take a look at the headset with the aid of connecting with different gadgets if the problem takes place in different gadgets additionally manner problem with the head set as you can see.
  • gbtest85
    gbtest85 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello, my first time here, I'm trying to help my sister with her laptop.

Same issue here, have you solved the issue?

If yes, how?

Thank you!

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)