My upgrade options? acer Swift 3 SF314-54 N17W7, Supported ssd?

joyetgeorge
joyetgeorge Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
While remove the back, found that there is an extra slot for an SSD, the problem is that I don't know which SSD will fit in and the interface.

Best Answers

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,858 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    While remove the back, found that there is an extra slot for an SSD, the problem is that I don't know which SSD will fit in and the interface.

Your Swift 3 SF314-54 max capacity memory totals 12GB, it has a 1x slot (1 bank of 1) for expansion to put a 1x 8GB module as it has an internal 4GB non-removable memory soldered into the motherboard, its best to see the specs of the non-removable 4GB memory with CPUz and match those specs, if you want to upgrade the memory to its max 12GB and make its memory function the best in tandem. With the SSD, its a drive form factor of M.2 at SATA 3 - 6GB/s hence and do what brummyfan2 has suggested. 

• presdec
    presdec Member Posts: 4 New User

Though this might not be relevant anymore, thought it'd be of interest:

specific model : swift sf314-54 n17w7

I've upgraded successfully to 20gb of memory by adding a 16gb ram stick with matching specs to the built in.

I've upgraded the wifi card to the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 non vPro, which made a massive difference to the wifi speed and bluetooth range.

I've upgraded to a samsung m2 256 ssd and a 1tb 2.5"

I've upgraded to windows 11.

While the laptop can't really game, i've had success with these upgrades to run all the ftb modpacks, and even cities skylines at 1080p with low settings and fps boost mods. Simple graphically games like Urbek City Builder, factorio etc work perfectly.

Even now, so many years after buying this little laptop it's still serving me perfectly.