My Aspire ACT650 will not reset

wdirwin
wdirwin Member Posts: 2 New User
I have an Aspire  atc-605-ub12.  I am having the issue of 100% disk usage.  I have tried all the fixes online but none last.  I have tried to do a system restore and keep my files but the was an error and couldn't complete it.  I even tried reinstalling the operating system from the partition, but again there is always an error saying it cannot complete and no changes were made to the system.  Over the past couple of moves, I have lost the recovery disk.  Is there one I can download or any other solution?  

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Typically when you see those types of symptoms the problem is the HDD is starting to fail. When first in failure mode a lot of the time the symptom is that you can't write to the disk. Boot into Windows and try to do a repair scan of the disk (Properties; Tools; Error checking). It will likely ask you to reboot since the drive is in use. The check could take a long time, even hours long, so be prepared to wait. Once the scan and repair is complete we'll have you run one of the disk SMART tests to see whether you should next do a backup, then replace the disk or whether it's not as critical.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi wdirwin,

# Reset the unit, (It will remove all the data--->Unit goes to Day 1 of default version)

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Press and hold Alt+F10 keys(without releasing the keys) ---> Trun ON the unit. 
    3. You will get a blue screen(Title Choose an option). (Release the keys)
    4. Click troubleshoot option.
    5. Click on Reset this PC.
    6. Go with the option (Keep my files/Remove every thing)
    7. Then follow the on screen instruction. 

Check this T/S and post the result. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    The problem with doing a reset before finding out what is wrong is that a botched reset will likely lose any user data that's still good... :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.