Battery not charging Aspire V3-572.

l0rdpigeon
l0rdpigeon Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, Hoping someone can help, I have an Acer Aspire V3-572.

The battery will not charge at all. I have changed the charging jack port and the battery but still nothing is happening.

The orange light comes on as if it is charging and when I put the new battery in and turned it on the battery icon on the taskbar was animated but after around 30 seconds it stops and just shows it as 3 mins to full charge but the percentage it slowing going down. Its now completely dead from all the testing and trying to sort it.

I have also just replaced the screen on it so I have already invested a decent amount of money into this machine so trying to avoid losing what I have spent or spending more. After I changed the screen and charging port it was fine for around 2 months so thought I had a decent laptop again.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    With the machine turned off and plugged in, does the steady orange battery LED  change to steady blue? If not, wait till it does turn steady blue before trying to turn it on again. May take several hours. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• l0rdpigeon
    Nope just stays a steady orange, I have left it charging for at least 24 hours with it still staying orange
  • JackE
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• l0rdpigeon
    That's the problem I can't even power it on to try that sadly
  • JackE
    Does it turn on plugged in only with battery removed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• l0rdpigeon
    No it doesn't turn on with the battery removed. I popped the original battery back in and it had enough charge to get the battery report though
  • JackE
    edited March 2021
    >>> I have left it charging for at least 24 hours with it still staying orange >>>

If you have a multimeter, Is the charger's output voltage at its plug (between outer ring and center hole) at least 19vdc? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi l0rdpigeon,

Check with any other charger. Try to update battery driver. 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021
    Hi, Hoping someone can help, I have an Acer Aspire V3-572.

The battery will not charge at all. I have changed the charging jack port and the battery but still nothing is happening.

The orange light comes on as if it is charging and when I put the new battery in and turned it on the battery icon on the taskbar was animated but after around 30 seconds it stops and just shows it as 3 mins to full charge but the percentage it slowing going down. Its now completely dead from all the testing and trying to sort it.

I have also just replaced the screen on it so I have already invested a decent amount of money into this machine so trying to avoid losing what I have spent or spending more. After I changed the screen and charging port it was fine for around 2 months so thought I had a decent laptop again.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Firstly l0rdpigeon, is the battery you are talking about and having problems with "A New battery" and a none OEM battery? As and after all the suggestions above, there are lots of variables to why your battery problem could happen, try these additional things also;
    • Check you AC jack plug at side of laptop if its making contact with your charger pug, also check the internal plug from the AC jacck cord to the motherboard, if its functioning and/or the prongs are not corroded at both ends.
    • Your none OEM battery could be damaged or not functioning or could be the wrong battery.
    • Check the charger if its functioning correctly? As JackE said.

Here is a battery report (cmd prompt enter: powercfg /batteryreport) of my V3-571G that has a replacement SANYO 4000mA Lion battery and this battery has worked for me for the last 3 years perfectly, ok the windows battery charging icon and guide shows some strange readings but, its always worked and charged! My suggestion to you is this; 

• Your new battery or your charger is faulty, replace the battery or charger or both with a new one. 
    • After and when the battery or charger works , do a “Calibrate Your Laptop Battery” first with your new battery.
    • Check the charger if it charges and use the OEM charger only for your new battery
    • Check the AC jack pugs at side of laptop and internally to the mobo and see if the cord/plugs are working.