Does the Aspire 3 a315-31-c2ga support Windows 10 x86?

Roju
Roju Member Posts: 2 New User
I was hoping to do a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 on my Aspire 3 a315-31-c2ga. I was thinking of installing Windows 10 x86 to save some ram usage if it is possible. I had set up a bootable USB drive but I could not find it in the bios as bootable. It could be that I am setting up the USB stick wrong but I figure I would do some research. I noticed no one talks about installing the x86 version of windows only the  x64 version. Could I get some clarification.

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Firstly, x86 windows only recognize less than 3.5gb ram, which wastes 500mb of ram. Another problem is UEFI in your model only support windows x64.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Firstly, x86 windows only recognize less than 3.5gb ram, which wastes 500mb of ram. Another problem is UEFI in your model only support windows x64.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    It can be done but you will actually lose speed & performance. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Roju
    Roju Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for the replies. I was under the assumption that x86 uses 1gb of ram while x64 used  2gb. I thought I was going to be freeing up 3gb of ram rather than having the 2gb of ram that I currently am using. I didn't realize I'd have less then 4gb of ram if I had switched. Appreciate the swift responses and you have saved me some time. Cheers.