Acer Aspire 5 (A515-51-563W) stopped working after a day

dr3300039
dr3300039 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi, I bought this laptop new off Amazon a week ago, and I only just managed to get it yesterday. Everything was working well but after a few hours the power light started blinking and it stayed off. Now everytime I try to turn it on it blinks 5 times, there is no charging light when the charger is plugged in, and the battery reset button/holding power button tricks don't work at all.
I tried calling support and they said that since it's a '19 model out of warranty I had to go to csapps.acer.com/pop which doesn't work even through a search engine. They told me to wait until the afternoon to see if it works. I sent a message to the seller to see if I can get a refund, but was hoping to find a way to fix it before then.
I tried dismantling it but it seems complicated and the big black block that seems to be the interior battery is difficult to remove with the tight screws.
I just got this and it stops working after day? With the chat support and /pop site not working? I don't get it

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,921 Pathfinder
    @dr3300039
    please do not put the link in search engine put in the address bar which is at the very top and upload and once the warranty is uploaded you can send it for repair
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • dr3300039
    dr3300039 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2021
    Jack22 said:
    @dr3300039
    please do not put the link in search engine put in the address bar which is at the very top and upload and once the warranty is uploaded you can send it for repair
    Yes I know where the address bar is... I said it doesn't work even through a search engine implying that was the first thing I did. The number I called told me to try both methods.
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,921 Pathfinder
    @dr3300039
    sometimes the website might be down, request you to try later after 24 hours
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Fitzzgog
    Fitzzgog Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

That's pretty disappointing; sounds like a power issue.  I don't see what waiting until the afternoon is going to do!
    I guess since the warranty is expired that your only recourse is through going to be through the vendor/Amazon.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi dr3300039,

Did you charge you unit is your unit has enough power to run. If not please charge it. If issue not resolved you can call acer support for assistance or you can schedule your unit for repair follow the link, 

https://customercare.acer-apac.com/CustomerSelfService/CaseBooking.aspx?CID=IN&LID=ENG