Unexpected shutdown - Aspire S7 MS2364

CarlinBrighton
CarlinBrighton Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
We have an Acer Aspire 7 laptoop which has started unexpectedly shutting down for no reason. It happens plugged in or battery, that makes no difference. I have checked error logs (Windows 10) and it shows 6008 as the critical error type, although there is no further explanation. How do I find out what's causing this and how to remedy or replace parts?
Is there a hardware diagnostics available? 
Thanks in advance

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​//Edited the content to add model name on title.​

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,914 Pathfinder
    @CarlinBrighton
    check the below link and try those steps for fix
    https://windowsreport.com/event-viewer-error-6008/
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Drakula
    Drakula Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Did you do some thing or happened something specially when your laptop shutdown unexpectedly every time? Is it a normal shutdown or a sudden power down?
  • CarlinBrighton
    Hio, it's a sudden power off. No particular app or activity. Can be active or idle. Makes no difference. Battery seems to be fine.
  • What is the exact model? Example A515-51-58VH. 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • CarlinBrighton
    As far as I can see it's an Aspire S7 model: MS2364
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)