Fan Speed Controller Aspire 5 A514-53G-55AR

Bloomer
Bloomer Member Posts: 35 Troubleshooter
edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Is there any ways or apps that would give me an option to control fan speed as my laptop is severly thermal throttling during gaming but i didnt notice any fan speed change since it produce no more sound than idling

my spec is : https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2020/4876/A514-53G/NX.HYZSM.001.html

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    >>>severly thermal throttling>>>

What temperatures are you seeing? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rich1974
    rich1974 Member Posts: 198 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Even if you find en app that controls the fan, you wont have much gain because your laptop is not a gaming laptop. Thease kind of laptop are programmed to work on full load for short time, for ocasional tasks. They are not meant to sustain full load for a long time, like gaming laptop are.
  • Bloomer
    JackE said:
    >>>severly thermal throttling>>>

What temperatures are you seeing? Jack E/NJ
    Averaging at 90 celcius peak at 97

• Bloomer
    rich1974 said:
    Even if you find en app that controls the fan, you wont have much gain because your laptop is not a gaming laptop. Thease kind of laptop are programmed to work on full load for short time, for ocasional tasks. They are not meant to sustain full load for a long time, like gaming laptop are.
    Thx for the response man but im fully aware of that but i just want to play Valorant at 60 fps lowest setting i dont think thats too much too ask but since this laptop is not good with heat stuttering and fps drop is very frequent in game  make it unbearable to play so im at my last option to search for fan speed controller while waiting for more robust laptop cooler on delivery
  • rich1974
    rich1974 Member Posts: 198 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    First, before try other third party software, try to install nitrosense and see if it works. Find a way to install it, search back on this forum. I cant remember exactly how.
  • Bloomer
    rich1974 said:
    First, before try other third party software, try to install nitrosense and see if it works. Find a way to install it, search back on this forum. I cant remember exactly how.
    will give it a try

• JackE
    >>>Averaging at 90 celcius peak at 97>>>

Is it still under warranty? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bloomer
    JackE said:
    >>>Averaging at 90 celcius peak at 97>>>

Is it still under warranty? Jack E/NJ
    Im not sure but pretty sure its already voided 

• Bloomer
    rich1974 said:
    Already try Nitro Sense but no luck try adjusting fan speed but the speed didnt increase nor decrease (i only monitor this just by the sound it made) and in nitro sense the speed shown was 0 after increasing it still 0 so im guessing nitro sense cant control the fan
  • JackE
    >>>Im not sure but pretty sure its already voided >>>

Standard warranty is one-year. Why do you think it's voided?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bloomer
    JackE said:
    >>>Im not sure but pretty sure its already voided >>>

Standard warranty is one-year. Why do you think it's voided?  Jack E/NJ

i use throttlestop
  • JackE
    That shouldn't void the warranty. Quickly arrange for warranty repair if it's still within the 1 year period since purchase. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bloomer
    JackE said:
    That shouldn't void the warranty. Quickly arrange for warranty repair if it's still within the 1 year period since purchase. Jack E/NJ
    alright man appreciate it