my gpu hits 99% usage after few minutes of gaming and my fps drops until restart rtx 2060

Options
Ovain
Ovain Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited April 2021 in Predator Laptops
this problem started happening a few days ago and man i can't game cuz of this i have tried out every thing

i have reinstalled drivers 
factory reset my laptop
but nothing works

plz helppp

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Whats the model number and what do you mean? The GPu usage will go up in games :s
  • Ovain

Tinkerer

Options
    Leostat said:
    Whats the model number and what do you mean? The GPu usage will go up in games :s
    gpu going up is one thing and gpu getting stuck at 99% and fps going down is a different thing 
    i don't remember my model but i have a rtx 2060 on i7 processor 
  • Leostat
    Options
    What does the FPS drop by? You would expect it to go down as the GPU heats up and gets into the heat/speed ratio. From the graph it doesnt look like its over heating though. in task manager what does it show using the GPU?
  • Ovain

Tinkerer

Options
    Leostat said:
    What does the FPS drop by? You would expect it to go down as the GPU heats up and gets into the heat/speed ratio. From the graph it doesnt look like its over heating though. in task manager what does it show using the GPU?
    well it drops by alot like in apex for instance it goes from 144 to 30-40 in a single second 
  • Leostat
    Options
    What does task manager show as using the GPU? And if you drop settings does the same happen (to see if its a bug or just the GPU)
  • Ovain

Tinkerer

Options
    Leostat said:
    What does task manager show as using the GPU? And if you drop settings does the same happen (to see if its a bug or just the GPU)
    i play on low settings
  • Leostat
    Options
    And in task manager?
  • Ovain

Tinkerer

Options
    yes in task manger too apex does use 99% after few minutes 

• Ovain

Tinkerer

Options
    Leostat said:
    And in task manager?
    and yeah my gpu clock gets stuck 1005mhz for some reason
  • igor11killer
    igor11killer Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    @Ovain Bro, facing exact same problem. Did you find any solution?