Aspire 5 A515-51-88NY. Black screen , fan off , keyboard light on.

JenilPatel53645
JenilPatel53645 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
I was watching movie on my laptop and screen goes black. I turned off by pressing power button and then tried to turn on but, whenever I tried to start shows black screen , keyboard light on and fan turn on then turn off automatically.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,914 Pathfinder
    @JenilPatel53645
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • JenilPatel53645
    Jack22 said:
    @JenilPatel53645
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    Sorry, I just tried and it's not working.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Do you see an external screen when you HDMI out to a TV? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi JenilPatel53645,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page.
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. 
  • JenilPatel53645
    Easwar said:
    Hi JenilPatel53645,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page.
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. 
    Sorry Easwar, I hold F2 key for 5+ min, nothing heppen.

By the way,  thank you.
  • JackE

Jack E/NJ

• JenilPatel53645
    JackE said:
    Sorry Jack, still nothing on TV screen , no signal,  check cable connection .
  • JackE
    Did you try to turn the TV screen on with the FN+F5 toggle key combination? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi JenilPatel53645,

What happens when charger is connected to the unit? Is your unit charging fine.
  • JenilPatel53645
    JackE said:
    Did you try to turn the TV screen on with the FN+F5 toggle key combination? Jack E/NJ
    I tried , sill not working.
  • JackE
    >>> keyboard light on and fan turn on then turn off automatically. >>>

With the laptop completely off and plugged in, do NOT try to turn it on again until the battery charge LED turns from steady orange to steady blue. This may take 8 hours or more. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JenilPatel53645
    JackE said:

With the laptop completely off and plugged in, do NOT try to turn it on again until the battery charge LED turns from steady orange to steady blue. This may take 8 hours or more. Jack E/NJ
    It shows orange light ( charging light ) then turn off for and then turn on-off-on-off..... , it's not steady.
  • JackE
    edited March 2021
    It has been only about 4 hours. Let it set this way for at least 8 hours. Do NOT try to turn it on yet!!! It  must turn steady orange, then steady blue, before trying to turn it on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JenilPatel53645
    JackE said:

It shows orange light ( charging light ) then turn off for and then turn on-off-on-off..... , it's not steady.
    It was fully charged and now I tried to turn on with hdmi connection with and without TV using f2 key and also fn+f5. But still nothing.
  • JackE
    It has been only about 4 hours. Let it set this way for at least 8 hours. Do NOT try to turn it on yet!!! It  must turn steady orange, then steady blue, before trying to turn it on. If after 8 hours it still does not turn steady orange, then steady blue, then your battery has probably been discharged below a critical level (less than 4-5%) and may not be salvageable. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JenilPatel53645
    JackE said:
    It has been only about 4 hours. Let it set this way for at least 8 hours. Do NOT try to turn it on yet!!! It  must turn steady orange, then steady blue, before trying to turn it on. If after 8 hours it still does not turn steady orange, then steady blue, then your battery has probably been discharged below a critical level (less than 4-5%) and may not be salvageable. Jack E/NJ
    Still nothing,  what issue I got ?
  • JackE
    >>>It shows orange light ( charging light ) then turn off for and then turn on-off-on-off..... , it's not steady.>>>

Does the orange charge LED still blink on-off-on-off like this plugged in? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JenilPatel53645
    JackE said:
    >>>It shows orange light ( charging light ) then turn off for and then turn on-off-on-off..... , it's not steady.>>>

Does the orange charge LED still blink on-off-on-off like this plugged in? Jack E/NJ
    Not after fully charged ? After charged its show steady blue if I keep it in charge. While charging its turn on-off-on-off. 
  • JackE
    >>>After charged its show steady blue if I keep it in charge. While charging its turn on-off-on-off. >>>

What do you mean? If it's steady blue then why do you also say it turn on-off-on-off??? It's either steady blue or it's not steady blue. Which is it? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JenilPatel53645
    JackE said:
    >>>After charged its show steady blue if I keep it in charge. While charging its turn on-off-on-off. >>>

What do you mean? If it's steady blue then why do you also say it turn on-off-on-off??? It's either steady blue or it's not steady blue. Which is it? Jack E/NJ

I let it fully charge then tried to turn on but still not working. I was talking but blinking orange light and steady blue light . But now I got it why it was blinking . No issue with battery. 

Any other way to fix screen problem ???