Acer Aspire 3 A314-31 p9b4 battery problem

headandshoulderz
headandshoulderz Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi,
    I've installed a new battery but with no success, it says 61% available, but shows it is not charging, if i unplug ac cord the laptop turns off instantly, i've tried putting the old battery in, it comes up saying 100% available when plugged in, Surely it will run off the battery alone ?   I unplug ac cord, and again laptop turns off instantly.

Ive tried uninstalling acpi compliant control in device manager, holding down battery reset, holding down the power button when replacing the battery but with the same results.
It's like the laptop can see the battery, recognise the charge it holds, but when left to run on battery alone its like its not plugged in.

It was fully working, the old battery would get to about 40%-50% then just switch off, so i thought a new battery would fix it

Ive pushed the battery connector to the laptop in as far as i can, and blown in to clear of dust too, Anyone have any more ideas, its only 2 year old laptop, Thankyou

Best Answer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi headandshoulderz,

# Reset the unit, (It will remove all the data--->Unit goes to Day 1 of default version)

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Press and hold Alt+F10 keys(without releasing the keys) ---> Trun ON the unit. 
    3. You will get a blue screen(Title Choose an option). (Release the keys)
    4. Click troubleshoot option.
    5. Click on Reset this PC.
    6. Go with the option (Keep my files/Remove every thing)
    7. Then follow the on screen instruction. 

Check this T/S and post the result. 

Answers

• what is the exact model? example a315-53-58vh.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • headandshoulderz

Tinkerer

Acer Aspire 3 A314-31 p9b4
  • Does the new battery have the same voltage as the old battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • headandshoulderz

Tinkerer

Does the new battery have the same voltage as the old battery?
    Yes, Exact same voltage as the old one.

I can plug the old battery back in, it can see its 100% charged, but when i take the ac cord out it turns off instantly
  • Easwar
    Hi headandshoulderz,

1. Try to update the battery drivers. 
    2. If issue not resolved plz download the driver from below link and install it.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/drivers 

• headandshoulderz

Tinkerer

edited March 2021
    Thanks for the help,
    I can only see these drivers, is it one of these ?

Audio Driver
    Bluetooth Driver
    Card Reader Driver
    Chipset Driver
    G Sensor Driver
    IO Drivers
    Serial IO Driver
    LAN Driver
    Touchpad Driver
    Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface Driver
    VGA Driver
    Wireless LAN Driver
  • what is the version bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• headandshoulderz

Tinkerer

what is the version bios?
    Version 1. 29
  • Does the same problem occur when resetting the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• headandshoulderz

Tinkerer

Yes, new battery shows a 61% charge, old battery when I put that back in shows a 100%  charge, unplug the ac cord and it turns off straight away
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• headandshoulderz

Tinkerer

No it didn't work but thanks. 
  • Easwar
    Answer ✓
    Hi headandshoulderz,

# Reset the unit, (It will remove all the data--->Unit goes to Day 1 of default version)

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Press and hold Alt+F10 keys(without releasing the keys) ---> Trun ON the unit. 

• rich1974
    rich1974 Member Posts: 198 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Easwar said:
    Hi headandshoulderz,

1. Turn OFF the unit.

It is easier, faster, safer and more efficient to install windows from a USB key than resetting. 
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @headandshoulderz

I suspect hardware problem with the power jack board.
  • does your model have this button?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• headandshoulderz

Tinkerer

alt and f10 looked like it was working then  I got a message saying there was a problem resetting your pc no changes were made  
  • headandshoulderz

Tinkerer

does your model have this button?

Yes it's got one of them
  • Try placing a few layers of electrical tape over the button and make sure the battery is charged again:
    Meu notebook AspireF15 f5-573-59tv est desligando sozinho mesmo com  carga e mesmo ligado na tomad  Acer Community

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• headandshoulderz

Tinkerer

Tried the  electrical tape,
    Sadly same result, but thanks for the reply.....