resetting factory default set failed in BIOS - e5-774G-582T

georgeyu100
georgeyu100 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi,  after clicked default factory setting in BIOS and reboot, my acer e5-774G-582T can't see logo acer on screen. I mean I can't enter BIOS by pressing ALt+f10 , F2 too after power on. So, logo Windows 10 can't be seen. Please help me. Much thank in advance!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​//Edited the content to add model name on title.​

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Try pressing FN+F2 after power on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• georgeyu100

Tinkerer

Hi egydiocoelho, there is not the reset pin hole on my computer. And, power works fine after presses power key, it get on and screen has light.
  • georgeyu100

Tinkerer

I want to clear its CMOS, please give a URL of opening its cover to me here if you have, thank you so much!
  • JackE
    First try FN_F2 to enter BIOS menu. If it still doesn't work. Shut laptop off. Press and hold F2. Then while still holding F2, press power button to turn laptop on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• georgeyu100

Tinkerer

Sorry, I found the hole and did, but problem is still here. Thank you for your help.
  • georgeyu100

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    First try FN_F2 to enter BIOS menu. If it still doesn't work. Shut laptop off. Press and hold F2. Then while still holding F2, press power button to turn laptop on. Jack E/NJ

No, it doesn't work. Thank Jack so much for your time
  • JackE
    Your keyboard connector may have come loose. Remove 3 screws from HDD/RAM door to check. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• georgeyu100

Tinkerer

Hi Jack, I checked the connector, looks like no problem ( the yellow sticker was lifted up by me, thanks,
  • JackE
    OK. Keep the HDD/RAM door off. Then unscrew the DVD ODD tray screw and pull out the tray. Also remove the HDD. Then unscrew 19 screws on the base cover and pry it off. After base cover is off, then disconnect the battery pack from the mainboard. This effectively does the pinhole reset that @egydiocoelho recommended when the base cover pinhole is missing. While the battery pack is disconnected, then press and hold the power button for about a minute. This will hopefully reset the BIOS without having to remove the BIOS CMOS coin cell which requires removing the mainboard as it is inconveniently located on the top side of the mainboard for this model. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• georgeyu100

Tinkerer

this way is great. Thank you so much! 
    Now I have another issue on screen: many vertical color lines on screen. please help me for it on another post. the BIOS issue just was caused by the screen issue. 
  • JackE
    If HDMI out to a TV screen does not show these vertical lines, then your LCD video ribbon cable probably either needs to be re-seated at the mainboard and bottom of screen or replaced due to wear and tear of opening and closing the lid too much. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    georgeyu100>>>Hi Jack, sorry, I should say reset BIOS like you mentioned in yesterday post. I never flashed the BIOS with a update. What I did was disconnected the battery pack, pressed and held the power button for about 1+ minute. The way worked fine yesterday. But, today doesn't.>>>

Let's stay on this thread since the issue is still related to your original post here. It can get confusing to follow if multiple threads are started.

ry this. Shut the laptop completely off by pressing and holding the power button for about 5 seconds. Then press and hold the F2 key. Then while still holding the F2 key, press the power button to turn the machine on. If the BIOS menu appears, press F10 to save settings and exit. The machine should now boot. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• georgeyu100

Tinkerer

Hi Jack, I tried it a couple times, no BIOS menu appeared.
    More to this:
    The day before yesterday, used this way got success. At that time, I only used power adapter instead of battery. Then, after connected battery back to computer. The issue appeared again. Then, reset BIOS again, used power adapter instead of battery, Windows worked successful, connected battery again, failed. Tried like this a few times. Yesterday, reset BIOS also didn't work, like I said on top.

• JackE
    Is the battery pack still connected right now? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• georgeyu100

Tinkerer

edited March 2021
    No, no battery, no power adapter, no DVD, no hart disk when I did rest BIOS, failed.
  • JackE
    >>>The day before yesterday, used this way got success. At that time, I only used power adapter instead of battery.>>>

Then do it exactly the same way again with the DVD & HDD connected but only use power adapter, not batterhy pack. The base cover must be fully re-attached with the screws. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• georgeyu100

Tinkerer

do you mean after reset BIOS without battery, no power adapter, no dvd, no hard drive, I can put power adapter, dvd, hard drive back and base cover fully re-attached with the screws, finally, press F2 and hold it,  press power button to turn the machine on ?

• JackE
    Exactly as you must've done immediately after I posted this comment earlier. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/993906/#Comment_993906

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• georgeyu100

Tinkerer

Yes, BIOS and Windows come back with power adapter, DVD, hard drive, and base cover with screws, without battery. Does the battery have any problem?