Active Stylus seems not available with Spin 3 SP314-N21

LVij
LVij Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
Hi,

I just bought Spin 3 SP314-N21 (SNID-XXXX), but it seems it does not have an active stylus although it states it has one built-in to this product even in documentation and advertisement. Can anyone help me with exact details. I do it a slot for this and it seems like one, but unable to pull out. So just wondering if it is a false ad. TIA.

Regards,
LV

Edited the content to hide sensitive information

Answers

• LVij
     The photo showing the slot for Active Stylus, but does not comes out.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,086 Trailblazer
    My stylus looks just like that, though I have a different Spin model. I just hook a fingernail under it and pull a bit to get the stylus out. I'm not having any luck trying to find a SP314-N21 model. Perhaps it's a different number, like SP3xx-xxN-xxx? The N as the third digit there is typical for stylus equipped laptops.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • LVij
    Sorry my bad, it is SP314-21. Part number is NX A4FED 009

Below link is from acer support which shows it has stylus. With fingernail it's not coming out. So I suspect something fishy.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8630?b=1&pn=NX.A4FED.009&sn=10400697166
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi LVij,

You can remove it by pushing it into the slot. It will automatically eject.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,086 Trailblazer
    OK, the SP314-21 models do not have a stylus or stylus support. The SP314-21N model does. If yours really one of the SP314-21 models that's just a dummy cover. Your touchscreen is capacitive and needs the pens that act like fingers, typically with the blunt rubber tips.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi LVij,

Is there any update.
  • LVij
    Hi, 

This SP314-21 model didn't had pen. I had to return and got a different brand and model. My location did not had N series. So had no other option.