PH317-54 Fan noise loud on Idle

Options
CleavAlive
CleavAlive Member Posts: 60 Devotee WiFi Icon
Hi I have just received this laptop and I can't help but notice the fan noise is really high

the CPU is idle at 3000 RPM and the GPU 3480
I feel like its only the GPU making all the noise all the time.

any tips ? I undervolted -100v it changed nothing at all and i put in battery saver mode and nothing changes at all.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,997 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hi I have just received this laptop and I can't help but notice the fan noise is really high

the CPU is idle at 3000 RPM and the GPU 3480
    I feel like its only the GPU making all the noise all the time.

any tips ? I undervolted -100v it changed nothing at all and i put in battery saver mode and nothing changes at all.

If its still under warranty don’t open it, send it back to Acer. This fan(s) making a noise problem is mainly due to allot of dust inside (vacule the dust out of the fan area and see?) as its casing needs cleaning but, with a new laptop this should not be happening as its most probably a faulty fan that its blades are touching the casing? There is no software fix for this problem. 

• CvijoVTI
    CvijoVTI Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Try to put out battery and wait cca 5min than put back and it can work. my problem was saved like this
  • CleavAlive
    CleavAlive Member Posts: 60 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    CvijoVTI said:
    Try to put out battery and wait cca 5min than put back and it can work. my problem was saved like this
    cca 5 min? whats cca