How can I obtain the RAM brand and specs of my Predator 17 (G9-973-78CM)?

Options
GeNeSiS_777
GeNeSiS_777 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
Hi!

My Predator 17 (G9-973-78CM) has two empty slots available to install additional RAM. However, I have no clue what brand of RAM my laptop currently has. I've read that it is not good to mix different brands of RAM. So, is there a way for me to get this information? Thanks!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Download and install CPU-z, run it and check the specifications of memory modules in Memory tab and SPD tab, if you are not sure post the pictures of Memory tab and SPD tab for both slots.
    CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID

• GeNeSiS_777
    GeNeSiS_777 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Thanks brummyfan2 for the suggestion!
    My Predator's RAM manufacturer is Kingston, and the part number is ACR24D4S7S8MB-8. They are occupying ChannelA-DIMM0 (BANK 0) and ChannelB-DIMM0 (BANK 2), respectively.
    So, can I add two more of them to the empty slots I've mentioned above?
    What about if I add two 16GB instead of two 8GB? Will it still work?

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi
    Yes, you can install maximum 16GB in each slot, so they will work.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    check here too:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)