Acer GX-781 PSU could anyone tell me if another power supply would fit?

GarethS1994
GarethS1994 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hi all,

I have just recently bought a second hand Acer GX-781 Desktop Gaming PC however the previous owner has removed the Power Supply unit from the machine, upon a bit of a search I am finding it extremely difficult to find the original power supply that would of been installed in this machine from the factory, could anyone tell me if another power supply would fit? I believe the machine to originally of shipped with a Lite-On PS-7501-5AE PSU at 500w.

many thanks!
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• MihaiEVO
    MihaiEVO Member Posts: 72 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I think any other ATX format PSU should do the job.
    I recommend buying a ATX 20+4 pins 550W 80+ Bronze PSU at least for best compatibility and reliability. Judging from my experience, a Corsair CV550 should do the job pretty well, and it should fit perfectly. The PSU air intake will be from inside the case, and it will get the air out of the case.
    My case looks exactly the same from the back. It fit perfectly, it's quiet and reliable. 
  • SpiralDragon
    SpiralDragon Member Posts: 2 New User

As good for value as the gx781 is in 2022, the airflow on the case is horrific and theres no space for the gpu to breath. It also has no additional fans, which is a major problem. I urge anybody who is going to/has a gx781 to order a better case asap if you don't want your system to overheat.