Extensa X2610G Celeron J3060 1.6GHz capacity?

Howard_Johnstone
Howard_Johnstone Member Posts: 3 New User
We have quite a few of these units in use, and urgently need to upgrade them to absolute maximum performance.
What can we do?  Change MB to the Pentium J3710 version (will it fit?) Will any other model MB fit into the case?
We use Seagate SSD and 8GB max memory.  The desktop case have attachments and boards making it difficult to 
replace. Please advice us to what can be done about it.    (Small desktop SFF computer, using minimal Win 10 ver.)
Many thanks,  H.J

Answers

• On the processor, it appears to be soldered on the motherboard. About ram, see this:

You can now adapt a 2.5 "ssd as well.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Howard_Johnstone
    Thank you for your answer, but we already use Seagate SSD, which is 2.5" in size and 2 x 4GB for 8GB.
    The MB is substandard already when designed. The question is to which MB can i exchange apart from
    the J3710 which is called DT.X0KET.008 instead of currently DT.X0MET.003 if MB as spare part is avail.
    (I hope someone in this community has good model and design understanding as I am unable to tell
     all the names, such as Extensa vs Veriton and all noname parts apart from each other, e.i I can see
     that parts, fittings and components ar used in various models in the series and would be interchangeable)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    The motherboard is a fairly standard mini-DTX form (200mm*170mm) and you might look into replacing with a newer design. A lot of those small form factor PCs use that size with the external power.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Howard_Johnstone
    Precisely, but which one?  I need suggestions to what will fit, I can´t just buy and try. That is the question I need help with.