Acer Swift 3 wont turn on

System
System Member Posts: 4,518 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: Swift 3 won't turn on.

Answers

• heyblep
    heyblep Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2021
    Hello! I have the same problem with my Acer Swift 3 I bought in 2019. After a week of not using it, it just won't turn on anymore. It has that orange light which I believe is the charging light. Moreover, the blue light beside it kept blinking at 3-4 second intervals. I have tried the 10-second press on the power button and the pinhole process as well. It won't still work. What may be the problem? :anguished: 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021
    Press and hold power button till the blinking blue light turns off. Then let the laptop charge until the steady orange LED turns to steady blue. This may take several hours. Then try to turn it back on. If it still behaves the same way and since it's no longer under warranty, I suggest that you take it to a local laptop repair shop for an evaluation and repair estimate. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi heyblep,

# Power drain,

1)Unplug the AC power adapter.
    2)Press and hold the Power button down until the unit goes off. 
    3)Search for a pinhole on the backside of your laptop, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole, press and hold it down for 25 seconds. Then release the paperclip and try to turn on the unit and check.​
  • Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited April 2021
    heyblep said:
    Hello! I have the same problem with my Acer Swift 3 I bought in 2019. After a week of not using it, it just won't turn on anymore. It has that orange light which I believe is the charging light. Moreover, the blue light beside it kept blinking at 3-4 second intervals. I have tried the 10-second press on the power button and the pinhole process as well. It won't still work. What may be the problem? :anguished: 
    Hi I have the same problem with my Swift 5. I think its something with Windows Update? But Acer have to do something with this because its no my or you only problem. I left my computer and it doeasn turn on :/ I don't know. I try everything - reset battery by pinhole, hold power button (on battery/cable), charging about 8-9 hours, and nothing! I send my laptop to service :/ I hope it will be help. (i have  warranty)
  • kingtoastee
    kingtoastee Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey this is happening to me and ive tried the power drain option and it isnt working(I bought this laptop late last year
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    @kingtoastee you should start your own thread on your issue. This thread is pretty old so a lot of users will just skip it instead of answering your question. Please include your full model number (if you have a Swift 3 it will be something like SF3xx-xxx-xxxx and located on the same sticker as your SN), what you are experiencing and what you have tried so far. By "power drain option" please let us know the full procedure you tried.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.