Acer ED320QR Ghosting Issues

YaBoyWebby
YaBoyWebby Member Posts: 1 New User

i was looking online and i could find anything on this specific monitor, so i figured you guys would be the best help. i got my new acer monitor for my birthday, and it works relatively well, aside from the ghosting issues i'm having, they're pretty bad too. long trails on my cursor, that sort of stuff. i've messed with my overdrive settings, stuff like that, turning the overdrive to extreme made a slight difference, but it really wasn't noticeable at all. ive even bought a new cable and messed with the overdrive settings, and there has been no improvement. do any of you guys have solutions to my problem? ill list my specs below.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2600 Eight-Core Processor 3.20GHz
Installed Ram: 16.0 GB
GPU: NVIDIA 2060 KO Ultra Gaming
Monitor: Acer ED320QR Sbiipx 31.5" 1800R Curved Full HD (1920 x 1080) Monitor // 165Hz Refresh Rate / 1ms Response Time

Thanks for all help in advance!

Answers

• julz337
    julz337 Member Posts: 1 New User
    YES! I had the same problem and was also disappointed by the overdrive settings. The setting you're looking for is called "Black boost" which is a little counterintuitive if you ask me. I forget exactly what menu it is in and I can't check my monitor right now, but you should be able to find it pretty easily.
  • Tavorsk
    Tavorsk Member Posts: 3 New User
    julz337 said:
    YES! I had the same problem and was also disappointed by the overdrive settings. The setting you're looking for is called "Black boost" which is a little counterintuitive if you ask me. I forget exactly what menu it is in and I can't check my monitor right now, but you should be able to find it pretty easily.
    What do you do with the black turn it off or on? or what else can you do
  • Jedborseth
    Jedborseth Member Posts: 1 New User

Any luck with the problem? "Black boost" turned to 0 seems to have made it worse. so I've left it at 10.

• @Jedborseth

It might be a cable issue..  Remove all the cables from monitor.  Press and hold the power button of monitor for 1 min.  Connect all the cables back. Try to turn on the monitor.  Connect the monitor to computer and check. If the cable is non removable please don't try to remove it. 

Please remove the cable between monitor and computer.   Try to connect it back and check.  If possible try to use an alternative cable and check.  

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.  Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.  Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check.  

On the monitor – use the control buttons.  There will be an option to reset monitor settings to default.  Try to reset the monitor and check.  

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check or Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• @Jedborseth

If it is still not working..

We need to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue..  Turn off the computer.  Tap f2 ( f2 for laptop, dell for desktop) on keyboard while turning on the computer.  It will go to bios.  Please stay on the bios screen for 30 mins.  If the display is looking good on bios then it is a software issue.  If the display is not looking good on the bios screen then it is a hardware issue.  

If it is a software issue try the following the steps..

Try windows x 

go to device manager 

expand display adapter

right click on display driver - uninstall 

Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 

Uninstall the display adapter from device manager 

Don’t restart the computer. 

Go to support.acer.com 

chose your country 

type snid or chose your model 

go to drivers 

Install the display driver 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working ..

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check or Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★