Helios 300 R82 823 013 power inductor

Haleskinn
Haleskinn Member Posts: 1 New User
So on my friends laptop R82 823 013 power inductor just failed and went with a smoke, i am wondering what would have been the cause of this? and where i can buy new ones to solder on(and no suggestions of taking it to service center as its out of warranty and service price would be same as buying new laptop)

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Haleskinn

Dont worry about the warranty. contact acer as the above tech suggested. it can be a safety issue also and good to check with them.
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/ 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • zenuke
    zenuke Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2021
    Did Acer actually fix this even if the laptop was out of warranty? Mine just did the same thing, same exact part.

Can I just get the specs on that part so I can just replace it? 
  • christy1
    zenuke

Its related to safety issue. so check with acer even if its 10yrs old unit. 
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
  • zenuke
    zenuke Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2021
    well its not a safety issue anymore.....its broken.

• christy1
    zenuke said:
    well its not a safety issue anymore.....its broken.

is it broken cos of smoke and fire. 
  • Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    Haleskinn said:
    So on my friends laptop R82 823 013 power inductor just failed and went with a smoke, i am wondering what would have been the cause of this? and where i can buy new ones to solder on(and no suggestions of taking it to service center as its out of warranty and service price would be same as buying new laptop)

Haleskinn, liquid can cause that, excessive dirt or even a bad grounded outlet, in reality many things can cause this. How long your friend had this laptop for? Even if its Out of Warranty i will recommend to contact Acer support if it was not cause by him and he thinks its a device fault, because they might still cover him for a repair at least.

Why you don't suggest him to call 1st? https://www.acer.com/ac/en/AU/content/service-contact

let us know what happened?

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    zenuke said:
    Did Acer actually fix this even if the laptop was out of warranty? Mine just did the same thing, same exact part.

Can I just get the specs on that part so I can just replace it? 
    Haleskinn said:

I am very sorry to hear and se these, can you both send me a private message and provide me with the serial number of your unit, so I can take a look at it and see if there is anything the support team can help you all follow up with? 

Thanks in advamce,
    Acer-Manny
  • sandmann21
    sandmann21 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Isso acabou de me acontecer / liguei na Acer e eles mandaram eu me virar oq o computador já saiu da garantia / esse computador já tinha dado problema dês de que comprei ele mas só fui reparar nós problemas quando saiu da garantia / quando eu colocava 2 slots de memória ram o notebook dava tela azul / as vezes ele dava choques mesmo minha casa tendo aterramento / e de uns tempos para cá era necessário eu manter ele 30 min na tomada para a bateria começar a pegar carga pq se ela desligasse ela não ligava mais / e paara o grande finale esse r82 823 013 resolveu pegar fogo enquanto eu mechia no computador / e a Acer mandando eu me virar