Keyboard Wont Work Also Power Button Cant Turn On Laptop aspire 3 a314-32

2813 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
i have an acer aspire 3 a314-32 p2ns and it works well until after a few days while i was using it the esc and f1 didnt work. btw before all of this happened my laptop didnt turn on earlier so i did the universal solution by removing charger and holding power button for 1 min it did work. ok back to the problem i noticed the esc and all of the function keys arent working well i did use it for a couple of hours until the tab and a button doesnt work as well seems like it affects other keys overtime so i quickly did a turn off and just at that moment i regreted everything my laptops keyboard virus thingy affected the power button now it wont turn on even with a couple of tries i tried the universal solution again by holding power button for 1 min and it didnt work. after that i tried disconnecting the laptop battery to the mobo and pressed and hold the power button for 1 min still nothing happened. tried reseating the ribbon that connects the keyboard to the mobo still nothing i even tried shorting the pins under the keyboard hoping that they would work and it did welp almost with touching with the screwdriver the light that indicates if the laptop is on turns on the problems is still no cpu fan or screen turning on. please i need help i think the warranty is gone cause i broke the seal trying to remove the back case can i still use the warranty? also i upgraded my ram to 8gb a month ago it did work and i think it doesnt contract with the problem please any suggestions will help asap

Best Answer

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    2813 said:
    christy1 said:
    2813 said:
    Jack22 said:
    @2813

power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    didnt work hold the power button for 30 seconds using those phone sim card ejector pins still nothing
    If its less than a year check with the acer support. not all countries warranty will void if you open the unit. looks like the unit powers on but no display and services are not running. 

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

just wanna ask since the support is kinda trash 
    1 will my warranty void if i break the seal underneath the laptop
    2 can i bring my laptop to any acer official store in my country
    3 will i I lose my data hdd or ssd
    different country has different policy. you have to call the acer support in your country to know the policy. for eg. in USA if you open the cover it wont void. but on few countries it will be considered as void. if needed they will do a reset or change the ssd. depending on the repair tech.
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,923 Pathfinder
    @2813

power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Tinkerer

didnt work hold it for 30 sec using those ejector pins for phone still nothing even after plugging ac adapter

Tinkerer

Jack22 said:
    @2813

didnt work hold the power button for 30 seconds using those phone sim card ejector pins still nothing
  • christy1
    2813 said:
    Jack22 said:
    @2813

If its less than a year check with the acer support. not all countries warranty will void if you open the unit. looks like the unit powers on but no display and services are not running. 

Tinkerer

christy1 said:
    2813 said:
    Jack22 said:
    @2813

• christy1
    Answer ✓
    2813 said:
    christy1 said:
    2813 said:
    Jack22 said:
    @2813

different country has different policy. you have to call the acer support in your country to know the policy. for eg. in USA if you open the cover it wont void. but on few countries it will be considered as void. if needed they will do a reset or change the ssd. depending on the repair tech.
This discussion has been closed.