Battery problem with Predator G3-571

gnadov
gnadov Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello,
I am sorry if my English sounds weird as I am not a native English speaker. 
Recently my laptop (Predator Helios 300 version 2018) has run into a strange problem.
The battery would not charge to more than around 88%. It charges normally up until 88% and then automatically keeps discharging/ charging again and again. Although I did not unplug the AC, the laptop's noise informs me that it has been continuously plugged and unplugged. I tried to uninstall the ACPI and restarting the device but the problem cannot be solved.   
Below are my battery report

Battery report

COMPUTER NAMEDESKTOP-G2M56AH
SYSTEM PRODUCT NAMEAcer Predator G3-571
BIOSV1.10 08/22/2017
OS BUILD18362.1.amd64fre.19h1_release.190318-1202
PLATFORM ROLEMobile
CONNECTED STANDBYNot supported
REPORT TIME2021-03-0518:15:32

Installed batteries

Information about each currently installed battery
BATTERY 1
NAMEPABAS0241231
MANUFACTURERCOMPAL
SERIAL NUMBER41167
CHEMISTRYLi-I
DESIGN CAPACITY48,944 mWh
FULL CHARGE CAPACITY34,990 mWh

-

I wonder is it because my battery has been worn (but some of my friends' laptops' batteries have been worn more than that but they just drain faster without running into the same issue. So if it has happened to anyone, I would be happy to know how you solved it. 
Thank you so much in advance.

​​​​​​​//Edited the content to add model name on title. 

Answers

• Have you tried to calibrate the battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gnadov
    gnadov Member Posts: 2 New User
    Have you tried to calibrate the battery?
    Thanks for your suggestion. I have not intentionally calibrated the battery before, but my laptop has sometimes drained low of battery 
    (though not exactly to 7% like in this thread https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/570278/faq-common-questions/p1). So I'm not sure would they have different effect  
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)