Recovering to original state (factory state) - Aspire 7740

Options
ibvvuki
ibvvuki Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi! I'm an owner of a Acer Aspire 7740 laptop, which I bought in 2011. Some time in 2017-2019, when I was experimenting with various installations of windows, I accidentally erased the eRecovery partition, and I can't get it back. I have the original harddrive in it right now, and I tried installing Acer eRecovery Management, for Windows Vista. The closest I could find was for Vista SP1. The Aspire 7740 originally came with Windows 7 Home Premium. By the way, I've tried downloading Windows 7 AiO's, which included OEM. But, the icon, background, and wallpapers were kind of redesigned, not green, like they originally were. Is there a way to get the recovery partition back? I'm currently in Romania, which is not on USA/Canada, and the CD/DVD drive does not read discs, either open. I tried the manual ejection step, which I used a paper clip to open it with, and it couldn't read any discs I've inserted. If you need the specs of the laptop, here they are:

-CPU: Intel Core i3 M330, 2.13GHz
-RAM: 4GB
-HDD: WD 500 GB 5400rpm
-Laptop: Acer Aspire 7740 
-SNID (if needed): 008127550320

It's really appreciated if you help! 

//Edited the content to add model name on title.

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    ibvvuki

if you have orginal disk try a external dvd drive. 
    External DVD Drive at Rs 1700piece  External DVD Drive  ID 19035693148
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • ibvvuki

Tinkerer

Options
    christy1 said:
    ibvvuki

External DVD Drive at Rs 1700piece  External DVD Drive  ID 19035693148
    this is something i don’t have sadly. and, i got the laptop itself, without box, without cds, etc. it was just the laptop with the charger. 
  • christy1
    Options
    ibvvuki said:
    christy1 said:
    ibvvuki

this is something i don’t have sadly. and, i got the laptop itself, without box, without cds, etc. it was just the laptop with the charger. 
    Sad. did you try the recovery options already for a internal factory reset? 
  • ibvvuki

Tinkerer

Options
    christy1 said:
    ibvvuki said:
    christy1 said:
    ibvvuki

yes, the recovery options for an internat factory reset is what i did. i think i stated that ive experimented with a ton of operating systems, which at a point, i accidentally erased that partition. but i got an iso from archive.org which was something with oem, and it did restore the oem background, oem green acer logo (the dark green one), and etc, but no drivers and/or applications. it's still windows 7 by the way.

• christy1
    Options
    ibvvuki said:
    christy1 said:
    ibvvuki said:
    christy1 said:
    ibvvuki

yes, the recovery options for an internat factory reset is what i did. i think i stated that ive experimented with a ton of operating systems, which at a point, i accidentally erased that partition. but i got an iso from archive.org which was something with oem, and it did restore the oem background, oem green acer logo (the dark green one), and etc, but no drivers and/or applications. it's still windows 7 by the way.

windows 7 should be supportive. 
  • ibvvuki

Tinkerer

Options
    christy1 said:
    ibvvuki said:
    christy1 said:
    ibvvuki said:
    christy1 said:
    ibvvuki

windows 7 should be supportive. 
    windows 7 is supported, even though it came with windows 7 preinstalled when it launched in around 03/01/2010.... (i mean 3rd march 2010 not 3rd january) 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,973 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021
    Options
    ibvvuki said:
    Hi! I'm an owner of a Acer Aspire 7740 laptop, which I bought in 2011. Some time in 2017-2019, when I was experimenting with various installations of windows, I accidentally erased the eRecovery partition, and I can't get it back. I have the original harddrive in it right now, and I tried installing Acer eRecovery Management, for Windows Vista. The closest I could find was for Vista SP1. The Aspire 7740 originally came with Windows 7 Home Premium. By the way, I've tried downloading Windows 7 AiO's, which included OEM. But, the icon, background, and wallpapers were kind of redesigned, not green, like they originally were. Is there a way to get the recovery partition back? I'm currently in Romania, which is not on USA/Canada, and the CD/DVD drive does not read discs, either open. I tried the manual ejection step, which I used a paper clip to open it with, and it couldn't read any discs I've inserted. If you need the specs of the laptop, here they are:

ibvvuki, so what is your question? Is your Aspire 7740 working and have you got the OEM Win-7 installed? As you are making a statement and not asking a question? If you have the OEM .iso Win-7 then you should be able to restore the system to its OEM Win-7 state. With the DVD drive if its not working then you can only clean the optical head and try it again, if that does not work then you have to replace it (they are very cheap) as everyone is getting rid of DVD drives. Also and btw, greetings from Australia as I was born in Romania in Brasov, so take care and Buna ziua salut!

• ibvvuki

Tinkerer

Options
    StevenGen said:
    ibvvuki said:

ibvvuki, so what is your question? Is your Aspire 7740 working and have you got the OEM Win-7 installed? As you are making a statement and not asking a question? If you have the OEM .iso Win-7 then you should be able to restore the system to its OEM Win-7 state. With the DVD drive if its not working then you can only clean the optical head and try it again, if that does not work then you have to replace it (they are very cheap) as everyone is getting rid of DVD drives. Also and btw, greetings from Australia as I was born in Romania in Brasov, so take care and Buna ziua salut!

well the guess is that parts for this laptop is hard to find, like the laptop looks like it is very rare and has 1.5% of the population who owns it, so parts are hard to find.