Acer Aspire 4741G - Windows 10 installed in SSD optical drive Caddy but Operating system no found.

noman20
noman20 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi, recently my old acer 4741g HDD died out (IDE), and  I decided to replace optical drive with caddy that I bought and SSD.

-In bios, the ATAPI model number changed to Apacer SSD, but in boot menu its still IDE CD-DVD
-I boot up windows 10 installation from USB, and I can choose the SSD to install windows, and proceed like normal.
-After it finished, usually the system reboot and resume the installation, but it says 'Operating System not found'

I've tried all sorts of fix for a few days now, including flashing the bios to 1.31 version, but the problem is still persists.
I even boot hiren disk and in file explorer it recognized SSD like normal.

is there anyway to fix this problem? also tried all sorts of bios settings and still Operating system not found. Even tried reinstalling windows 7 and not working.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Many older (and even some newer) mainboards will see a caddied SSD or HDD OK as a D : or E : drive but will not  boot from the caddied drive as a system C : drive. My recommendation is to caddy the old HDD instead and install the SSD to the normal 2.5" HDD/SSD socket on the mainboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• noman20
    noman20 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I didnt know that. Thanks for the feedback!