Acer Aspire XC-885 - Bluetooth GONE

Options
TimBut2
TimBut2 Member Posts: 2 New User
6 month old PC   that had Bluetooth enables from the outset and been using and connected to it no problem for the last 6 months,  This morning my headphones disconnected and i was unable to switch Bluetooth back on  - i am not aware of any windows updates as it happened an hour into using the pc for work.  I tried device manager hidden view and alas no Bluetooth - i reinstalled drivers, still no Bluetooth , i checked services and re started all Bluetooth services - switched on and off  several times - still no Bluetooth -  ran trouble shooter and  result was Bluetooth not available on this device - i did a system restore point to the 2 days previous - still no Bluetooth  -  finally i did a complete reset  also no Bluetooth ?   I guess internal card or whatever it is has failed ?  wifi is still working   - any ideas ?  

Answers

• TimBut2
    TimBut2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have just resolved this -after yet another google search , one i didn't come across previously  by uninstalling serial bus drivers and  switching off and on  - magically the Bluetooth came back and now viable in the device manager and action center  -  and connected no issue  - so if anyone has this issue - try  reinstalling the serial universal Bus controllers 
This discussion has been closed.