how to make the laptop fan quiet while gaming? - nitro 5

Options
mylaptopisloudhelp
mylaptopisloudhelp Member Posts: 33 Troubleshooter
edited March 2021 in Nitro Gaming
acer nitro 5 nvidia geforce gtx 1650 ti  intel(r) core(tm) i5-10300H cpu @ 2.50ghz 7.84 ram 1920 x  1080 60hz laptop is really loud while playing a game plugged in. sometimes even not plugged in. i just want to play watch dogs 2 while loud fan is not annyiong me me 

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​//Edited the content to add model name on title.​

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    Options
    You can try to go to Nvidia GeForce Experience, General, find whisper mode and turn it on. It should help. Or you can use a headset or headphones to prevent loud noises.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • mylaptopisloudhelp
    Options
    AnhEZ28 said:
    You can try to go to Nvidia GeForce Experience, General, find whisper mode and turn it on. It should help. Or you can use a headset or headphones to prevent loud noises.
    people say you can't disable it 
  • mylaptopisloudhelp
    Options
    i turned it on, still loud. but when i first  turned it on llike 4 days ago it was quiet and not loud. but now its loud
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    1. Get a cooling pad.
    2. Use throttlestop to undervolt and reduce top speeds slightly.
    Fan temps scale up with temps.. bring them lower and fan speeds will reduce thereby reducing overall noise.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • mylaptopisloudhelp
    Options
    what happens if i play a game for 3 hours and my gpu fan speed 4000 rpm the whole time?? please tell the truth and i will stop be worried
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    Nothing, it is designed to go even higher and it is good because if you are allowed to stop it your GPU will be fried.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited March 2021
    Options
    what happens if i play a game for 3 hours and my gpu fan speed 4000 rpm the whole time?? please tell the truth and i will stop be worried
    3 hours? There are days when my laptop stays in game for the whole day with RPM over 4500 all the time.
    Just ensure the environment is clean (free of dust) and the laptop is a nice space with free air movement.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045