How to acess bios on acer aspire v5 571g

damonmooredamonmoore Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
So I recently reset the bios cause I couldnt get into it in the first place when I got this aspire v5, however resetting seems to have enabled uefi and fast boot meaning it boots to quick for me to press f2 and on top of that it always says "no operating system found" even when I have a uefi usb of windows 8, already tried shorting the contacts underneath the 2nd dimm slot to reset the bios but no luck at all

FAQ & Answers

• LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 1,728 Community Aficionado
    with fast boot you just need to spam F2 after hitting power, it doesnt tell you but it still will register and drop you into the bios, some laptops its hold F2 then power rather than spam F2 
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 

I'm a UK based techi, so apologies if my help links are for the UK region site! 
  • damonmooredamonmoore Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Leostat said:
    with fast boot you just need to spam F2 after hitting power, it doesnt tell you but it still will register and drop you into the bios, some laptops its hold F2 then power rather than spam F2 
    Just tried both and still the same message of "operating system not found" 
    Maybe under Escape +f2 or Escape + F12/10? Its odd its not dropping you into it though
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 

Leostat said:
    Maybe under Escape +f2 or Escape + F12/10? Its odd its not dropping you into it though
    Exact same result as before, black screen saying it cant find a os
    is there a CMOS battery? You could try pulling that for a min, and re-inserting. This wipes it back to the ROM settings, failing that im not 100% sure im afraid :(

Leostat said:
    is there a CMOS battery? You could try pulling that for a min, and re-inserting. This wipes it back to the ROM settings, failing that im not 100% sure im afraid :(
    There is a CMOS battery that I've already tried boot both with and without
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 18,147 Trailblazer
    It is F2 to enter the BIOS but unless you've installed Linux you should have a few seconds to get it in. Just keep trying...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.