Acer Aspire AXC600-ES338 RAM issues!

Meekz07
Meekz07 Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi, I am reaching out in hopes of some helpful answers regarding fixing my grandparent's desktop. 
Long story short, my grand parent's were experiencing some issues with their computer and I offered to repair it for them, after hooking up the computer I booted into windows with no issues, I downloaded and reinstalled a fresh version of Windows 10, afterward I removed all the components from the computer and gave the inside a deep clean and put everything together now I am experiencing issues with the RAM the two sticks that came with the computer are no longer working together I can only use one of the RAM sticks. I have provided a before & after picture of the boot screen showing my issue. (note* pressing the DEL key doesn't open the BIOS anymore)
If you can help me please reach out via Discord or email
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All help is appreciated, thank you :)
BEFORE I REINSTALLED WINDOWS & CLEANED INSIDE THE COMPUTER.

AFTER I INSTALLED WINDOWS 10 / CLEANED THE INSIDE OF THE COMPUTER

[Edited comment to delete personal or unique information]

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Switch of the PC, disconnect from mains, press Power button for 30Secs, leave the PC to rest for 10 Mins, reconnect the mains and try accessing the BIOS screen by pressing Del key, when you are in Main tab, press F9 button to load default settings, press F10 to save & exit, HTH.

• Meekz07
    Hi,
    Switch of the PC, disconnect from mains, press Power button for 30Secs, leave the PC to rest for 10 Mins, reconnect the mains and try accessing the BIOS screen by pressing Del key, when you are in Main tab, press F9 button to load default settings, press F10 to save & exit, HTH.

Unfortunately this did not work for me pressing the del key did nothing windows just booted normally.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    So the original configuration had a 2GB and a 4GB stick? Do either stick work by itself or is one stick being the problem? What happens when you swap the order? Sometimes you have to have the larger stick in the first slot and the smaller in the second, or else the smaller is ignored.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Meekz07
    billsey said:
    So the original configuration had a 2GB and a 4GB stick? Do either stick work by itself or is one stick being the problem? What happens when you swap the order? Sometimes you have to have the larger stick in the first slot and the smaller in the second, or else the smaller is ignored.
    Correct, the original computer had a 2GB + 4GB stick installed. (8GB total) both sticks work fine as long as they are not on the board at the same time.
    I have tried using both sticks of RAM in the board at the same time and get the 4 beeps on startup, swapping them between slots of course.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Does a single stick work by itself in either slot, or is any stick in the second slot not working?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.