CountDer3k
CountDer3k Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2021 in Monitors
Monitor info:
  • Model No. G257HL
  • Version     G257HL bmidx
  • Serial       MMT1XAA001XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Problem:

I disconnected my monitor to move it to a different position and when I plugged it back in, it has been flashing from white to red to green to blue, over and over. It seems like it's in some sort of test mode. When I press a button I get a small pop up giving me some monitor info with the message "Key 0 Pressed" I can't access the menu and I can't power off the monitor with the button (only by unplugging the monitor's power supply)

Normally when it's plugged in, it'll show the Acer logo, but now it just goes straight into these flashing colors. HDMI port isn't making a difference even when plugged in, it'll just flash and not look for any input.

Tried to fix:
  • Unplugging power supply and reconnecting.
  • Unplugging and holding down the power for 30seconds and reconnecting. 
  • Switching power supplies.
  • Switching HDMI cable. 
  • Holding down menu button, holding down the power button, holding down power & menu (all for up to 30 seconds).
Any suggestions on how to do a hard reset, or force a software update, or anything to get this working? 

[Thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This user has a similar problem with a dell monitor:
    He accessed the factory mode of the monitor and it seems that he changed the burn in pattern setting!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi CountDer3k,

# Power drain,

1)Unplug the all the cables.
    2)Press and hold the Power button down 30-40 seconds.Then try to turn on the unit and check.​