Battery changing Aspire ES15 (ES1-571-39FX)

Bamboozled17
Bamboozled17 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi

Battery is stuck at 89% and as soon as the Lead is disconnected the Laptop shuts down. Have bought a new Charger which made no difference so will need a new Battery

Can anyone direct me to the correct way to change the Battery as there seem to be hundreds of Videos but none relating to my Model and it doesnt get a mention in the Manual I have

I am hopeless at these things but it appears there are 18 screws holding the bottom on so is it a case of unscrewing them - and if yes are there precautions to take before during and after taking them out please

Also is there a Video anywhere that would help me too

Many thanks - Laptop is great otherwise and has been since I bought it (new)

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021
    Hi

Battery is stuck at 89% and as soon as the Lead is disconnected the Laptop shuts down. Have bought a new Charger which made no difference so will need a new Battery

Can anyone direct me to the correct way to change the Battery as there seem to be hundreds of Videos but none relating to my Model and it doesnt get a mention in the Manual I have

I am hopeless at these things but it appears there are 18 screws holding the bottom on so is it a case of unscrewing them - and if yes are there precautions to take before during and after taking them out please

Also is there a Video anywhere that would help me too

Many thanks - Laptop is great otherwise and has been since I bought it (new)
    Do a battery calibration and look at this guide "How to Calibrate Your Laptop Battery" and see if that fixes your problems? Also look at this guide "Battery Issue with Acer Aspire ES 15" from an older Acer community post. 
  • Bamboozled17

Tinkerer

Hi thanks very much for the reply.

I am afraid to say I cannot follow the instructions in Calibration link because my Battery now never goes past 90% no longer how long I charge it for.

In addition reading the procedure I saw it said charge to 100 (which I cant do) and then let Battery discharge and I cant do that either because as soon as I take out the Charger wire the PC shuts down. I never take the Laptop anywhere and it is always "plugged in" and that has probably caused the problem I have. Maybe it would have been better to chage it fully and then once a week let it go down to NIL or 5%

So I accept I probbly will have to get a new Battery but just wondered how to do the changeover once I get it. It looks as though it can only be remove the 18 screws ?

Many thanks for the reply - much appreciated Bamboozled (a fitting name for me lol)
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    With the laptop plugged in, go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bamboozled17

Tinkerer

Hi JackE

Thank you v much for the reply but as an absolute duffer PC wise I didnt even know what "elevated command Prompt" meant LOL

So after getting a new Charger which did not solve the Batteries 87% memory problem - I took the 18 screws out and eventually prized off the base and found the Battery (it was plain black) as I wanted to find out if it was 11 volts or not.

Once I saw it was 11 volts I ordered a replacement for it so I have seen how to dismantle now and exchange Battery for a new one and that will see the PC right until it is replaced in a couple of years

I intend to fully charge and discharge this one instead of leaving it plugged in the whole time

So thanks very much all for the replies everyone - and I will close the comments in a day or two