My Helios 300 won't boot after installing compatible ram

Options
Jonpscott
Jonpscott Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

My helios 300 (model: N17C1) won't boot after I installed the following ram upgrade

Manufscturer: Crucial
32GB Kit (2x16GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM)
6TP882
CT2K16G4SFD832A

I specifically checked to ensure that this model of ram was compatible with my model and crucial's website said it was fully compatible. Now I get a no bootable drive error message when I start up.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Answers

• Jonpscott

Tinkerer

Options

The error message
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,757 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Jonpscott
    Can you try putting back the old ram and check whether the laptop is working? 
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jonpscott

Tinkerer

Options
    Jack22 said:
    @Jonpscott
    Can you try putting back the old ram and check whether the laptop is working? 
    It works just fine with the stock ram
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,757 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Jonpscott
    Than i guess it might be with the Ram which you trying to upgrade
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jonpscott

Tinkerer

Options
    Well while the internet says that its compatible the internet apparently lied.  I just got off the phone with acer and they said there are only 3 16gb chips which work with my model and none of them are above DDR4-2400
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Jonpscott said:
    My helios 300 (model: N17C1) won't boot after I installed the following ram upgrade

Manufscturer: Crucial
    32GB Kit (2x16GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM)
    6TP882
    CT2K16G4SFD832A

I specifically checked to ensure that this model of ram was compatible with my model and crucial's website said it was fully compatible. Now I get a no bootable drive error message when I start up.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Please provide the full model number of the unit. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Jonpscott

Tinkerer

Options
    Update:  I returned the previous ram chips and called ACER to get a list of compatible ram chips for my model.  I purchased 2 x
    Kingston 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 PC4-19200 non-ECC unbuffered SoDIMM OEM Laptop Memory
    ACR24D4S7D8MB-16

My laptop model number is G3-572-72YF

The current issue is that when I swap out the ram chips and hit the power button my laptop does not boot at all, not even into bios.  The keyboard lights up an the fan turns on but that is all.  With the old ram chips it does boot up.

I called ACER to get a list of compatible ram ships for my model that were 16gb ram chips and this was one of three options I was given.  Is there some step that I'm missing in order to make this work?  I just double checked to ensure that my bios is up to date.