Abnormally bright when not charging - Aspire A515-43

zendaz
zendaz Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I use my laptop while charging most of the time but when I try to use it while not charging the laptop  'automatically' becomes abnormally bright. High contrast and very bright. This may sound very dumb I guess but I must be missing something. I tried to adjust my brightness in the control panel and also the contrast, it kind of worked but the contrast is still there and it hurts my eyes. 

Aspire A515-43

​​​//Edited the content to add model name on title.

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    zendaz
    Try these

>>>Power Reset
    Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device. The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect and monitorthe CPU usage. If there is no pin hole then press and hold the power button on the unit for 12secs. 
    Image result for laptop battery pinhole

Go to device manager and uninstall the display driver with a right click. restart the unit. dont delete the unit. do the same for battery drivers also. 
    Fix Realtek HD Audio not Working in Windows 10 - Widget Box
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • zendaz

Sorry for the late reply I was very busy.

I tried what you did. 
    I uninstalled the display adapter then restarted the laptop. 
    But still it is still abnormally bright.

Should I uninstall the monitor instead and restart again?
  • Is this problem noticeable in a video recording? Have you tried to calibrate colors through windows?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • zendaz
    Is this problem noticeable in a video recording? Have you tried to calibrate colors through windows?
    No sir. I have calibrated it already but it seems its not a software issue
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>I use my laptop while charging most of the time but when I try to use it while not charging the laptop  'automatically' becomes abnormally bright. >>>

What happens when you press FN+LeftArrow key to reduce brightness? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    zendaz
    try a full factory reset as to confirm its hardware.
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi zendaz,

You said that you uninstalled the display adapter then restarted the laptop, Did you reinstall that display driver. If not please do that and try it.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/drivers 
  • zendaz
    JackE said:

What happens when you press FN+LeftArrow key to reduce brightness? Jack E/NJ
    It does it job though but it doesnt affect the abnormal brightness
  • zendaz
    christy1 said:
    zendaz
    try a full factory reset as to confirm its hardware.
    hmmm this is a hard decision for me for now as i dont have backups but thanks for the tip
  • zendaz
    Easwar said:
    Hi zendaz,

You said that you uninstalled the display adapter then restarted the laptop, Did you reinstall that display driver. If not please do that and try it.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/drivers 
    im afraid i dont see any display driver in the device manager
  • JackE
    >>>It does it job though but it doesnt affect the abnormal brightness >>>

What do you mean? Does FN+leftarrow key reduce the brightness or not? If FN+leftarrow Key reduces brightness, then your ControlPanel power plan simply needs to be edited in the advanced options menu on battery alone. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zendaz
    JackE said:
    >>>It does it job though but it doesnt affect the abnormal brightness >>>

What do you mean? Does FN+leftarrow key reduce the brightness or not? If FN+leftarrow Key reduces brightness, then your ControlPanel power plan simply needs to be edited in the advanced options menu on battery alone. Jack E/NJ
    I mean it does lower the brightness but the screen still hurts my eyes. Is it because of the contrast that I am missing?
  • Can you send a photo of the problem?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    >>>Is it because of the contrast that I am missing? >>>

In the Windows start menu, search for 'contrast'. At the top of the menu, will be a setting to turn high contrast on and off. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zendaz
    It really isn't helping the brightness. 

The whiteness of screen is like its kind of a yellowish 
    Instead of a bright white color.

I really hate it so much. 
    Can I send a video here?
  • zendaz

Can I send a video here?
    Nevermind my phone quality sucks and probably cant help with the problem 

• does this problem remain in the bios? what is the version of the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zendaz
    But I can really see the difference between my screenshot and my actual screen. 

I viewed the screenshot through my phone
    then concluded that, it is not because of the software but the hardware. 
    My monitor maybe is a little bit off.I dont know
  • JackE
    Sorry, your description confuses me. You said earlier the FN+left arrow decreases brightness but not contrast. You also said that when you decrease the contract, it doesn't decrease the brightness. So why can't you decrease the contrast and then press the FN+left arrow to decrease the brightness all at the same time? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Does the problem still occur, even after resetting the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer