Dual Monitor Set Up with my Aspire A515-55G

ampelleg16
ampelleg16 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello,

I am looking to set up a 3 screen work station. My Aspire A515-55G will serve as one screen, and then I have 2 HP VH240a monitors. I have been using one of these HP monitors for a while, but then my work recently sent me another one to use as well. Unfortunately, my sole HDMI port is being used by the original HP monitor. I purchased a QGeeM USB C to HDMI adapter 4k cable to plug into the USB-C port. Of course, that adapter is not working. It seems I didn't do quite enough research and the adapter does not seem to be compatible with this Acer model. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make this set up happen? My normal USB ports are taken at the moment, but I can make one available if I can use some sort of HDMI to regular USB adapter.

Thanks!

Aron

Best Answer

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    You can use a displayink to HDMI adapter to do this :) https://www.displaylink.com/products/find?cat=3&maxd=1 they use USB data to shuttle video to the display. They do need a driver to be installed but after that should just be plug n play like any other adapter

• ampelleg16
    ampelleg16 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for the quick reply! This seems easy enough. Just to confirm, I'll be able to extend my displays with this option, correct? They'll act as 3 completely different displays?
  • Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Thank you for the quick reply! This seems easy enough. Just to confirm, I'll be able to extend my displays with this option, correct? They'll act as 3 completely different displays?
    Set & choose display priority from display settings, if your two other monitors are listed under the monitors tab, yes, it can show you contents. Simply extend the screen by doing Windows + P.
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Yup assuming 1X Inbuilt Screen, 1X HDMI out, 1X DIsplayLink to HDMI